Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! I ate spoiled sour cream.

I was eating a baked potato with dinner tonight. After putting sour cream on my potato I took a bite and noticed that it tasted strange. The date on the container was fine, but it tasted really bad. When I smelled the contained I noticed it smelled bad. Needless to say I didn't eat anymore of it. Now I'm worried that I might get sick. Any advice? I'm trying not to worry, but its hard no to.

Default Re: Help! I ate spoiled sour cream.

Bad smells come from a variety of things. Generally food poisioning doesnt smell and if it does, it usually makes you ill in half an hour. Youll be fine now.

If you aren't sick within some hours after placing it in your system, you should be fine.
    The unfortunate thing with worrying is even though you're more than likely going to fine, your worrying can cause you to feel like something is wrong when it isn't.

Ive drank spoiled milk and was fine. Im sute you will be too.

You only took a bite. I would say you are in the clear.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.