Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is how it goes for me. If it's not one thing, it's another to worry about. I rarely go a day without worrying about something or another.

Last week it was my sore leg, but I got that checked out, so I thought I was doing alright. I am getting ready this morning for an interview and what do I notice?

A BALD SPOT on my head. like seriously.

It's right in the middle of my hairline, I part my hair sideways, so you can see it, but I was playing around with different hairstyles, and happened to notice it. It's smaller than a dime, but still there. What do you think this is?

I'm going to get my hair cut saturday, hopefully my hairdresser can tell me.

Now I'm worried AGAIN. It will never end. And I have to go on this job interview in an hour, so of course I'll be worrying about it.

WHY WHY WHY can't I just go a day without worrying, or something happening. It's getting really frustrating.

Aww, defintiely ask the hairdresser and the doctor next time you go but i believe stress and worry can also cause hair loss so it could very well be that. I hate times like that when it's one after the other of anxiety or things happeneing. You will get thru it, it will just suck for a while. Not comforting huh? OK I will shut up now I hope things get better for you soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

It's like that for me all the time though. Seriously, I can't just have a day without worrying. I'll be worried about something, it'll go away another thing will pop up.

I'm not particularily stressed out, I have had hair loss because of stress, but it was more like strands falling out, I didn't get a bald patch. It's digusting. I don't even know how that happened.

Yes it is comforting, I appreciate any replies

I had that, it's called alopecia....a hairdresser noticed it in the back of my head once and said, "how long have you had this bald spot?" i said, "what bald spot?" and of course completely freaked out!!!!! it's exacerbated by stress andwent away on its own after a few years, but i think there are some treatments you can do. ask your doctor. also, please note that there are two kinds of alopecia, the localized kind and the overall kind. you have the localized kind, don't start freaking out too badly. my spot never got any bigger!
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Damn. I was JUST at my doctors a week ago. Takes ages to get in there. I have another appoitment in July.

I'll ask my hairdresser what she thinks. Then call my doctor.