Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So Amazed

Default So Amazed

First, I have had my fear of Ving for YEARS and I find it very impressive that a lot of women that have this fear have children. There is no way in hell I would out myself through the possibility of Ving by being pregnant....I know it is irrational, but how can you even think about doing that, when you know the risk of morning sickness is really high?

I give a huge kudos to the women who can and do have babies considering they are emets....RAH RAH RAH! I could not do it!

I just had to shout out to everyone...maybe I am not far enough into recovery to think outside my emet box..lol

Peace~

Default Re: So Amazed

Funnily enough I had an interesting conversation with my sister about this last night. We were talking about a friend who's having horrid morning sickness all day everyday and has been for weeks. Obviously I know that I just couldn't cope with it but my sister who's not emet in the slightest says that she wouldn't be able to deal with it either. So maybe it's not just us who get scared about it :-)

That is refreshing to hear...lol I just cannot imagine even doing anything to make me feel even more freaked out than I already am about Ving...Yikes

Peace~

I have heard on this forum that some people think that vomiting every day is a sacrifice, and they are willing to make this sacrifice to have a baby.

I'm very young and my opinion may and will change before I get pregnant, but now, when I think about myself in the future I see two girls with my future husband and me. I don't think I would be able to handle with morning sickness now, but we get better with time. I bet that in ten years or more, I'll be much better, maybe even free of this phobia!

If someone gets pregnant and has morning sickness, i think they just deal with it the same way we deal with a stomach virus. We breath and wait until it is over, because we know it won't last forever.

That is me talking. Let's wait to hear about moms here.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, I am 45 and must have been born with this fear, because I have never wanted any children of my own, but have really never wanted any when my emet started (I have had it for many years).

Those people that have said that are a hell of a lot stronger than I am....because I would not say that....that is how strong my fear is.

I believe you are right though, most women just deal with it....they want the baby, so are willing to go through whatever happens...again, I could NOT do it. That is why I have four-legged kids....

Peace~

I have a daughter and never had morning sickness, etc. My phobia took a backseat for a period of my life, which is why I was able to do it, I think . Right now, no way! I'm actually having a really hard time parenting right now because I worry about germs even more having a child, and I am terrified I'm going to pass this fear on to her. Parenting is hard, emet or not, I think!! I am good with just having one child and love her more than anything. I am really really glad my phobia didn't stop me from having children, because I always wanted at least one. I have some non-emet friends who just don't have the desire to "procreate," and that's awesome, too, that they are true to themselves. I think it's just important to decide whether you really do want children or not (like, deep down) & follow your gut without letting emet "win." It's tough, though ( at least for me!)-- handling a 3 yr old's taper tantrum in the middle of a panic attack-- NOT FUN! I couldn't do it without my husband. Was a single mom the first year, but luckily we got back together-- my emet has come back with a vengeance over this last year!

When I was younger I never wanted to have kids because I was afraid of morning sickness. But my mom never had morning sickness with me or my brother, and though I'm a long way from a point in my life where I'd want to have kids - I am 21 and not married, and waiting for marriage, so, yeah - I really do want children. Even for people who do get morning sickness, doctors WILL prescribe antiemetics (that's one of the approved usages of Zofran, actually).

The bigger worry, honestly, I anticipate (if I do get married and have children someday, which I think I would like, but life may have other plans) would be when the kids are old enough to be ill and contagious themselves. That's where I seriously admire emet moms. So many members here when they have sick kids, are able to even comfort their children and be there for them. That gives me hope that someday I could do that, too. I really want to be able to be supportive of my children (if i have any) the same way my mom was supportive of me, whether I had a cold or a sv or what have you.

As slow as time seems to go, the years actually disappear pretty fast and it really is kind of a short life. I think if/when you decide you want a family, you're totally ready and willing to go for it and take the good with the bad. Thus why so many are happy to endure pregnancy or just soldier on through it if it's a bad one. The end result being worth it.

But yeah, for me, that time has yet to come. Kudos to those that do though, both that are emetophobic or not! I admire the strength.
    "This is impossible."
    "Only if you believe it is."

"I stood yesterday. I can stand today."