Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Your favorite remedies for n* and v*?

We've all been there at least once, sadly. And we emets, despite avoiding the actual act of vomiting, are notorious for feeling nauseous. So how do you cope?
    Are there any medications you take that help? Maybe a herbal remedy? Share yours here! Maybe you'll give someone a new trick to try or maybe even find one yourself.

As for me, my current aids are Canada Dry Ginger Ale (I'm brand-loyal) as well as Ginger Tea. I also take emetrol (cola syrup) on the really rough nights. I sometimes apply acupressure to my wrists for nausea as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Default Re: Your favorite remedies for n* and v*?

Ginger is my go-to remedy. I buy the gravol soft lozenges and chew on those when I really feel ill, and I usually have a stash of candied ginger at home (less so now that I'm trying to cut out all sugar from my diet, but I'll still cheat and buy it) and obviously a lot of ginger tea. When I have nausea due to stomach upset (you know, that roiling feeling) I eat saltines (and my cat tries to steal them). Acupressure on my wrists when I feel that rise in nausea that signals an urge to v*. That's what I do.

I take mottilium but am trying to stop myself from taking all the time! Keep ginger biscuits at home and work and find deep breathing is the best thing for me! This time last year I was having about 5-10 panic attacks a day now I hardly have them, I spend time each morning and night doing deep breathing relaxation techniques and they have worked wonders!

When I was feeling properly nauseous last week the only thing that made any difference was running my wrists under the cold tap. Was there for ages shaking like a leaf but it helped :-)

Gravol if you are out or not at home..All you need is water, unless you can swallow it without liquids..
    Peppermint tea along with gravol when I'm home..Peppermint tea not only calms me down but helps with the stomach.It doesn't taste as spicy as the ginger..Only downside is that peppermint tea apparently causes acid reflux if you have it constantly (not an issue for me).

Quote Originally Posted by SnugglePuff View Post
    We've all been there at least once, sadly. And we emets, despite avoiding the actual act of vomiting, are notorious for feeling nauseous. So how do you cope?
    Are there any medications you take that help? Maybe a herbal remedy? Share yours here! Maybe you'll give someone a new trick to try or maybe even find one yourself.

As for me, my current aids are Canada Dry Ginger Ale (I'm brand-loyal) as well as Ginger Tea. I also take emetrol (cola syrup) on the really rough nights. I sometimes apply acupressure to my wrists for nausea as well.
    Boiron cell salts: Nux Vomica
    Aloe Vera juice
    Ginger chews from the local health food store
    Peppermint tea (iced and hot)
    Regular table salt
    Activated Charcoal capsules
    EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, tapping on certain points on body)
    Reflexology

I have so many different tools I use and have used over the years, I could start my own blog...lol These are some of the things I use to lessen the effects of this nasty-ass fear!

Peace~
    Last edited by FreakAboutV; 12-17-2012 at 09:56 PM.