Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: swollen gland

ive noticed for the last couple of days i have had a swollen gland onthe right side of my neck.....every once in a while i get some pains in my ears, i figure im getting a cold or something, but im not stuffy, i have a little post nasal drip and occassionally i get a little bit of pain in my other ear on the left side...i keep getting that sneezy feeling, can your glands bother you with allergies???

Yes, for sure. Have you been taking any antihistimines for it?
    \"This too shall pass\"

no because i had no idea allergies could bother your glands i just figured i was fighting off a cold

i just feel generally crappy i hope its not stomach related

this gland thing is really annoying what is this usually a symptom of??

I'm not sure what triggers it but I know it can happen. Maybe you should call a doctor. They can probably tell you more about it. I really doubt it is stomach realted. You are probably just working yourself up. You will be fine!

I don't think your glands swell for stomach stuff either so for thatyou should be fine. But I do agree maybe call your Dr. Or if you think it's allergies you could take a Benedryl or soemthing like shiva said. It will help your allergy symptoms plus I've heard (is it true?) that Benedryl has anti-emetic effects as well so you could completely relax about that. Plus it helps me sleep! lol Anyhow hope you feel better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin