Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Agh :(

Exclamation Agh :(

Remember how I had the creeps yesterday because Matt had no appetite and was acting a little tiny bit quieter than usual? ohhhhhkay...... so, I just got the call from Matt's mom, I must be psychic, I don't have to go to work today because Jen is home with an EXTREMELY pukey little boy. I'm not spazzing yet, but, gawd, I am with him ALL the time, there's no chance I picked up anything is there? I do tend to wash my hands and use my fruity sanitizer like a freak at his house, by the end of my time there my hands are dry and irritated a little bit. Hand washing is all you can really do to stay safe right? He wasn't really acting that sick yesterday except a loss of appetite, and he just started getting sick sometime this morning, about 12 hours after I left his house, around 6am, so I'm good right? I never share food/drink with the boys, and probably in the time I'm there, the three hour span I use my sanitizer three or four times, maybe five, and wash my hands 3-5 times as well, every time I touch something questionable or sticky like the door handles, the fridge handle, the bathroom anything, books and papers the kids bring home from school... I assume this must be something he's gotten from school, a building of five year olds transmit stuff better than copper wire and electricity.
    He seemed okay when I left yesterday, we were playing checkers and he was being himself mostly, just a tiny bit quieter than normal, he was going to have dinner after I left, and I assume by the time I go the message from the Mom that he didn't start getting sick until this morning or the wee hours of the morning, otherwise I would've gotten notification sometime last night. When we were playing after school he was laughing and got spit on me on accident, on my clothes which I couldn't easily use hand sanitizer on, so I let it dry and tossed it in the washer when I got home. The thing that bugs me a little tiny bit is that, I get real freaked about throwing up, so every day I say a tiny little prayer, hoping that everybody stays safe and healthy with no bugs and such, and now there's a projecting kid.... feeling a little let down by the big guy in the sky.... lol
    Last edited by RosieRoo; 11-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Agh :(

I'm worried, because I didn't have any appetite yesterday either, but I ate a lot anyways.... now I wonder if I've got his bug too because yesterday I wasn't ever actually hungry, I just ate because I needed to, and I was pretty tired yesterday too. I don't know if I'm going to start getting sick or what.I've been up for an hour now and aside from my tummy rumbling to wake up, I'm not hungry yet like usual, and that has me a little worried.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You should be just fine, especially as he was s* 12 hours after you saw him. I wouldn't even worry if I were you (easier said than done, I know!); all it'll do is make you feel anxious and bring on s*-esque symptoms as a result...which will, of course, only heighton your anxiety and make you feel like something IS wrong.

Hope this makes sense!

it does make sense, but he's contagious when he shows symptoms, and isn't loss of appetite a symptom? and telling me not to worry is like telling a cat to bark like a dog, it's impossible! I'm really tired today and afraid to eat in the fear that I'm going to get sick like Matt...

Well, many things can cause loss of appetite. When you have a bug, you just CAN'T eat. I know you are worried, it's like my friends when they tell me "God, I was so sick yesterday, I had to go to the hospital" and I stay away from them for like, three days.
    There's a sentence we have in my religion, it may make you feel better:
    Affliction before eminent disasters?
    They may not happen.

Eat, it will make you feel better. What has to happen, will happen, no matter what you do.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Hmm, well as long as you keep you personal hygiene levels up (which it sounds like you are) you should be fine. Unless he physically v* near you or you went into the bathroom after he was ill I can't see you picking anything up..
    I don't know about you, but I lose my appetite when I'm anxious. Besides, it can happen for no particular reason - sometimes I'm just not hungry, even when I'm not anxious or ill!

My loss of appetite is probably because I'm nervous about Matt. He never did get sick around me, he didn't get sick when I was in his house at all. I think the wave of what I thought was nausea and stomach pain earlier was actually hungry, but it's passed. When it comes back I'll have something to eat. I lose my appetite whenever it wants to, I really don't have a lot of control over it. If I go to bed too late sometimes I never get hungry the next day because I'm tired. Not sure what my deal is. I'm just wondering what Matt and his family have planned, they're supposed to go on a three day vacation this weekend, and I'm supposed to be staying at their house with the dog while they're away. I'm not sure what they have planned, but I almost hope he's sick enough for them to stay home so I don't have to go sit in their house for the next three days....

Contagious when symptoms begins means that the virus is only present in stool or vomit. So even if he was feeling off leading to that, he the only thing he might have contaminated is the bathroom if he went #2 and got it over his hands and didn't wash them then touched stuff. But even that is extremely unlikely, as usually he would have to start the d* before becoming contagious. Washing your hands is the best prevention possible! It does sound like whatever he has, he was exposed at school, so it is very unlikely he cross-contaminated you with his school germs. Especially since you seem very careful with handwashing! Also, kids gets so many viruses that make them ill but that go unnoticed in adults, so even if you were exposed there's still a big chance that if you were to catch it, you'd get away easy with d* only. Hang in there!

well, whatever the case, I'm munching on some rice chef right now because my stomach is totally empty and I know that's really not that good to do. I am worried about my phone and my iPod, because he was playing with them yesterday and I never wiped them down before I was touching them to my face and using them and such.... I know his older brother throws up when he gets cold viruses because they bug his tummy from the mucus and headaches. I know the little guy has had coughing and sounded kinda phlegmy the last couple days, so maybe the same thing happens to him, the headache and fever upsets his stomach, or heavens knows what. I can't really be sure what's making him sick but if his brother comes home with the green face, I know it's a virus and I can only hope that over the weekend it clears out of their house.

Cynna, thank you I'm pretty sure I'm fine, germy cell phone and everything. I say a daily prayer every morning for the health and well-being of everyone I'm close to, because I care, and because if they're sick I'm afraid and I hate it. I do keep my faith going, he's good at keeping me safe and helping me when I'm completely crazy and lost. I know he's listening. And thank you, if Mommy ever becomes part of my future, I probably will be good at it thank you. I'll read the feed, I wanna eat!! lol

So, I just talked to the Mom, they're still going on their family trip this weekend, Matt stopped throwing up at 5am I guess, and I heard him talking in the background on the phone. He was laying low all day, but after his last puke this morning, I guess he stopped but the Mom wanted to keep him home anyways instead of make him go to school. I'm afraid of going to their house for dog sitting tonight though, because I don't know if he was using a bowl to throw up in, or the bathroom, or which bathroom in their house he was sick in, or where he was hanging out.... I kinda want to set off a lysol bomb in every room just to make sure....

If it would make you feel more comfortable I say go for it, bring some water/bleach mixture in a spray bottle or some clorox cleanup with bleach and go to town on the bathrooms and doorknobs! I'm sure the parents will be happy to find their bathroom was cleaned, haha! Then you'll feel better about sitting the dog in the house.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it all.... I probably will go all out house cleaning, gotta get some clorox first though :P

Keep in mind that even if you are to catch it from a child, it generally (I'm not saying always), doesn't hit adults as hard. I worked in pediatrics when I was in the military. Kids would come in with the sv all the time. I caught it once but didn't vomit. I just had an upset stomach. I think my immune system really boosted at that point because I could be around actively vomiting kids and not get sick. That was several years ago now though. I wouldn't want to test the theory! But....Rosie, I think you'll be okay.

thanks wilkins