Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: oh no oh no....

Unhappy oh no oh no....

So, I was at my kiddo's birthday party all day, Matt turned five, his Mom invited me to his birthday party. I went early around 11am to help decorate and such, and left around 3, I was there for five hours. After being there for about a half hour the older brother Charlie comes downstairs kinda tired looking and I think nothing of it, he helps me with the streamers and plates and such, then he tells me his throat really hurts. I ask him why and he says it's because he threw up seven times last night because his stomach hurt really bad and didn't sleep at all. I ask the Mom because Charlie makes stuff up sometimes, and the Mom said he did, and it was awful because she didn't want to have to cancel the little brother's birthday party. I don't know if Charlie ate anything at the party today, but he seemed to be feeling better, he was annoying and bouncy like normal. So, as soon as I found out about him being sick all night I whipped out my hand sanitizer and I was using it every hour or so routinely, and if something sticky got on my hands or I planned on eating I used it then too. I'm just flipped the HELL out because, well, I have no idea if it was the stomach bug or if he had some kind of food poisoning or what the heck happened to him but now I am all keyed up and I feel like I am DESTINED to get whatever happened to him. His Mom, Dad, and Brother aren't sick, they were fine all day long, would they have had something by now if it were the stomach bug?

by the way I'm in the chat room if anybody could come in and help?
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: oh no oh no....

I'm afraid I don't think it was food poisoning, because he v* 7 times (can someone v* 7 times from fp*?), but I don't think you'll catch it neither. We emets are very careful about things we touch, eat, blá blá blá, I'd say you are going to be fine.
    That was what I was thinking about his parents, but here is what happened to me: My father's symptoms started on Friday, and mine only started on Sunday, and there's always the change that none of them caught the bug, if it is a bug.
    Try to relax. Being nervous won't help.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He might've exaggerated the seven times thing..... but I'm just really hot right now and my stomach feels super heavy and hot and I don't think I'm gonna throw up right now, but, I'm just really worried that it's going to start. There's nowhere he could've really gotten the bug from either though, I don't think.... yesterday was friday, there was no school, thursday the day before there was no school either, there was no school wednesday either, it's thanksgiving vacation right now. I don't know where it could've come from, unless his Uncle Colin brought it to their house when he came into town on wednesday for the holiday. I just don't know, I'm freaked out.

Well, kids to get sick easier and have it worse than adults. Also, it is possible to throw up 7 times from FP and kids arent as careful about what they eat.

I feel bad for the kid, I'm hoping and praying he just ate something wrong or maybe, earlier this year he had a cold virus that made him throw up a lot, maybe it's another one of those..... I mean, it's sad it happened to him and all but I'm praying it was food poisoning or a non-stomach virus.... I am FREAKED. I do not want to get this!

i remember when i was about 11, my friend got fp from a dodgy icecream, and she v* 7 times that night. haha exact same number of times! god knows how i remember this, but maybe he could have had fp aswell. especialy if its thanksgiving- maybe he ate somethign that wasn't prepared propely?

Skittles, I hope it was just a fluke or something strange and not contaigous!! I'm just really freaked out and I don't want to start throwing up tonight.... I've gotta imagine that since the Mom, Dad, and little brother aren't sick, after him getting sick almost 24 hours ago, it might be okay. Right? Maybe?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it seems likely it was some sort of 24 hour virus or something. @Ana, you can definitely vomit multiple times with food poisoning. In fact, it is to my understanding that most victims of food poisoning do vomit multiple times. It is impossible to tell you exactly what made him ill. It could honestly be anything, but because he vomited more than once, it leads me to believe it was due to a virus. I think you will be fine though. You took all the right precautions. You are no longer near him. Hang in there.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Deadxx, I know it probably was the stomach bug, but wouldn't his Mom Dad and Brother have been sick or shown signs of it at some point today? He started getting sick around 6pm last night, our neighbors just came home from spending the whole day there, and I spent five hours there for the birthday party. Would hand sanitizer every hour really keep me safe? I didn't eat anything the puker touched and wasn't near him really, but I was in his house. How can I know if the creeping crud is coming for me?!

Eh not necessarily. Sometimes the incubation period can take several days OR they may not get it at all. It is not inevitable when there is an ill one in the house. Does the hand sanitizer contain benzyl chloride as an ingredient? I believe that specifically kills noroviruses. As I said, you took all the right precautions and just because you were in his house does not mean you will catch it! I really think you are safe
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I don't feel safe.... Before I knew the boy had been sick I wasn't careful at all with touching my face and hair after touching things in their house. All I can think about is a couple christmases ago I was at my aunt's house. She had the stomach bug on a friday and I didn't know about it, on sunday I went to her house, and by 1am on tuesday I was incredibly sick. I never breathed in her vomit particles. It must've been on something in her house that I touched. That's why I'm so scared now, because last time I picked it up just by touching a part of her house. I feel like this means I must have it because I touched things in his house and rubbed my nose several times before I sanitized the first time. On the same token, earlier this year Charlie spent an entire day throwing up because he had a virus, and I went over 36 hours later and never got anything. I am just confused and feeling extra sick and freaked.

Okay so the mom of the two boys just called me, mostly to thank me for helping to set up the birthday party today. I point blank asked her if she knew why Charlie was sick and she said she thinks he overdosed on pecan pie last night. She said he threw up bad, she never said how many times he actually did it, so for all I know, the magic number seven is made up. I would imagine throwing up a couple times from too much super sugary pie would make sense right?

It makes sense that he would be sick from over eating. It happens all the time during holidays.. Especially if he's just a kid..His little body couldnt handle as much as he put in lol- poor boy.. he could also been allergic to some ingredient in the pie & nobody knew..?Dont worry too much! If u see that his family is still ok tomorrow, u will def be just fine too )

Valen, I thought in instances of overeating you only threw up once? This kid was multiple purges. He has no allergies so that's not it, and he's 8 so too much pie is certainly possiilble. Course I feel sicker than shit right now, not sure if I'm actually sick or if its just all my angst....

thanks Cynna..... I've gotta try to believe that it was just an eight year old boy with too much pie in his belly..... it's possible, and probably what happened. I just have to friggin calm down. I will check out the other thread

It sounds possible it was the pecan pie, that thing is SO sugary that I wouldn't be surprised if it messed up his blood sugar enough to make him v* several times. Kids don't handle sugar super well, and they don't really listen to the signals that tell them to stop eating it because it's too much.

I'm thinking it was the pie. Been 24 hours since I was with him yesterday and I'm not sick, unless it starts with a headache.... I woke up this morning with waves of headache pain. Kinda scared this headache is gonna make me throw up now or that this is the beginning of a bug.

You poor thing, headaches are such a pain... But fortunately, sv* usually don't start with a headache. I bet it's just a stress headache because you were so worried over him being sick with a sv* that you gave yourself a tension headache. If you're prone to migraines, they can cause pretty severe nausea when untreated. You could always take some ibuprofen and some vitamin C, it works wonders to prevent the nausea and icky feeling associated with migraines. No clue why the vitamin C actually helps, it's a trick I learned from a Finnish guy who swore it was the best treatment... and it does seem to help a lot.

AoD I'm feeling a bit better now, headache is mostly gone, although still kicking around. I think it seriously was just a headache from sleeping too much!! I normally don't sleep in late, and it was an extra hour and a half after when I usually get up today. Never had a migraine before, and typically, if I've never had one before, I probably won't ever, from what I know it's almost like genetics, either you get migraines or you don't. I still haven't gotten sick, so I'm betting Charlie had a pecan pie overdose.... in the couple months I've know this boy he throws up more often than other kids. He had a cold, stuffy nose and sneezing, and the cold virus made him throw up a couple times too. Nobody else got sick. He ate too much pie and threw up too, I imagine. I see it in movies where the kids eat buckets of sweet things and get super sick, so there's gotta be some truth to it, right? lol

haha he sounds like my brother, they'll eat a stack and then puke it up again! sounds like your in the clear

Usually sv come with a warning. It is rare that a sv starts with v* instead of n*. So, if the boy was eating pecan pie and then started v*, I would assume he got sick from the pie. Every single sv I had (and people that I know had) all started with n* for a few hours before the dreaded v*. Now, some people go to sleep and wake up v* from a sv, but they typically sleep through the n* that starts before it. Sometimes, it can come on quick, but there are typically symptoms other than v* that kinda warn you that trouble looms ahead, lol. 24 hours is a good sign. How are you now?
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde