Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So, I went for a walk last night with a friend who is semi-emet. Mostly she just panicks when she sees people get sick, but she doesn't obsess over it and doesn't mind being sick herself..

Anyway.. We're walking down the street when the couple in front of us stops and the girl kneels down (bends over kinda) into the bushes along the sidewalk and she makes this noise that is kinda like a cough, but it isn't a cough. Before I know it we are both running across the street and in the opposite direction. We almost got hit by a line of cars coming. They were beeping at us and yelling rude things. The funniest thing I thought was that it wasn't enough for us to just turn the other way.. We had to get to the opposite side of the street as well in order to feel safe. We analyzed the rest of the way home what was going on. Was she pregnant? Who goes for a walk with a stomach virus? So, we ruled out virus. Maybe they just went out to eat and the food didn't agree with her. Probably not drunk... it's only Monday.. We just went on and on trying to figure out WHY??? We also thought logically, maybe she was tying her shoe and the noise we heard was her like groaning from bending over??? I dunno. It was just an interesting moment. I alost got hit by a car because a girl bent over and coughed. I need to get a grip!
    \"This too shall pass\"

LOL! It's ok, I probably would have done the same thing.
    Turning around and walking the other would have not been an
    option. I would have run across the street too. Isn't it
    funny how emet can take over even our common sense? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Carrie

LOL!!!! I can see myself doing the same thing. Its like when we have our worst fear come to life right in front of us, we bolt, and dont even think, we just run. I analyze everything too, I would have been trying to think why she was sick. I can be riding down the hwy/interstate and see a car pulled over and a door open or something, and the first thing I think is, I wonder if someone is sick, and then I think, if they are, is it a virus?

LOL! Yep, sounds like soemthing I'd do too. when I was about 12 my I was carrying my little cousin who had eaten too many chips and then gone on the spinny thing at the park and was taking him to his mom,***may be graphic***no sooner do I start putting him down he v* down my back!***ok no more graphic*** My first reaction was back up and I nearly dropped the poor kid LOL. Emet has such a weird effect.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Knowing how I am I probably would have walked back over later to see if it was v* . Oh the things we do.....

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Funny!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds just like a pair of true emets!!! I would have done the same thing....run like crap to get away...and Jenny....like you said...going down the highway...I am always watching the cars on the side of the road...seeing if someone's leaning out the passenger side getting sick...isn't it awful that we always assume someone is sick!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me ill thinking this way all the time...but anyway...good story Kate

LOL at the car thing! OMG! I always think that's what's going on. Most of the time they are changing a tire! We're sooo funny sometimes. Once I panicked soo much driving down the road because I saw a car pulled over, only to find a couple walking their dog. Geez...

Mak! I seriously thought about doing that today since it's light out. But, I was worried I WOULD find what I was looking for. Haha!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I can't respond right now because I am laughing so hard.

Stella

LOL-now THAT is one for the "You might be an emet." list!I can just picture it!