Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default to scared to sleep :(

Hi, been worrying all day, done a few things to take my mind off of overthinking but now I'm in bed with nothing but theses thoughts, don't want to fall asleep just incase I'm unwell and would rather be awake and prepared anyone else get like this at night?? X

Default Re: to scared to sleep :(

what are you worrying about thats keeping you awake?

I'm afraid to fall asleep every night because I'm afraid of waking up not feeling well.

i had the exact same problem last night, it sucks. the smartest option would be to try and sleep, but, if your just too scared, try just staying in bed, or at least in a comfy chair or something, and read a book or watch a movie, something just to keep you occupied. i did this until 2.30 last night haha! hope it helps

I used to be the same way...too scared to go to sleep in case I woke up sick. Quite honestly, if you are going to get sick, you'll get sick whether you go to sleep or not. Also keep in mind that a sleep deprived body will have a decreased immune system and not be able to fight something off the same way a healthy body can. I finally found that if I just go to sleep, it of course takes my mind off of it and I wake up feeling refreshed. Not sure if this helps or not, but thought I'd at least share.