Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's been 24 hours since I've been a member.......

So, I signed up last night, introduced myself, posted, felt comfortable that I wasn't alone in my anxiety and fears. And what happens? I slept on the couch (I tend to feel better when I'm there) because I had greasy food yesterday and it wasn't agreeing with my stomach. And I slept with a Sea Band on. I was all better when I woke up this morning. I had dinner tonight, and then I had some ice cream for dessert--I'm lactose intolerant so I took my usual number of pills beforehand. And then, an hour later, mad dash for the bathroom with d*. I don't feel panicky, because I'm sure it's just that the lactose pills didn't get there fast enough to help me digest the ice cream. Or it's that my period is expected any day now and I always have one bout right around that time. Sign. Why can't I just be normal? My comfort was knowing that I can post and vent here and I won't be judged because of my fears and thoughts. I was thinking there's no one I can completely be 100% of myself with, not even my best friend or my husband--although they know about the phobia, they can't sympathize because they don't know what it's like for us with this phobia.

Default Re: It's been 24 hours since I've been a member.......

Hey! Im new here too. =) It sounds like you know exactly what caused the d*! I know how you feel though, even though we KNOW what the problem is and there is nothing for us to be scared about, we still are nervous. There is always that "what if it isn't" feeling. I have enjoyed this forum too, I joined 3 days ago when my son came down with the tummy bug. I just needed someone to talk to. I made it through though! It was hard. But try to worry, you will be ok =)

Default Re: It's been 24 hours since I've been a member.......

I'm also new and right after I joined, my room mate got a sv*. Good timing though I guess, because I got on here and it made me feel a lot better. Today I ate a sandwich and had d* within 20 minutes of eating, and instantly thought it was the sv*. I hate that "is it or isn't it" feeling you get anytime you feel remotely sick... But at least you're in tune with your body and know when it's just a fluke!