Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I've been coming face to face with it a few times over the past few months but the other day just took the biscuit.

I was home from Uni just for the weekend and I went with my mum into town to go shopping. I was driving and in the car park I was waiting behind this car which had suddenly stopped and I wanted to go on looking for spaces. A minute passed and this woman got out the back of the car and pulled a carrier bag out behind her. At first I thought it was a bag of shopping and something had burst as there was this lumpy liquid coming out the bag. Then this other woman came up to her and as my window was down I heard the first woman tell her that her child had been sick and then it clicked - it was in the carrier bag. The sunlight was shining through it and the bag was full of v* and there was a hole in the bottom and it was pouring out onto the tarmac. The woman helped this white faced girl out the car and then dumped the bag in the corner of the car park!

I quickly wound my window up in case I smelt anything (that would have made me flip) and when the car drove off I had to quickly drive on, avoiding the v* on the tarmac. Then I started shaking and felt really sick but thankfully it went. Later on that day I went back to my car and saw the carrier bag in the corner at the top of the car park - ugh!!!

Oh gosh, I hate it when those things happen. I try to think that I am just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but then why did I have to be?!?! That has happened to me a handful of times and I remember every single one of them!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Ugh that is sooooo gross. I am sure there were better places to throw that. I hate when people do that. There was a place I use to have to walk past every day (some kind of center. (graphic******) And someone I guess always got sick on teh way there and would through the baggy on the sidewalk. Ther eis nothing else it could have been in a bag. I would go the rest of the day in a cold sweat and nauseous. Ugh makes me feel sick just thinking about it.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

That sure is the grossest thing. The same thing happened to me recently. I was shopping in our local Mall with my boyfriend and I was walking on the lower ground floor and happened to spot this woman standing next to this bag. I don't know what made me do it but I looked down directly at the bag and could see that this stuff had leaked out of it. I was not sure what I was looking at at first but then it suddenly hit me that it was a bag of V that had split. I assume that the lady standing next to the bag was waiting for a cleaner to come and take it away as she could not pick it up as it had broken. The carrier bag was almost full and there was stuff on the floor around it. I immediately started feeling panicky and shaky and my legs went like jelly. I did not tell my partner because I just could not bring myself to talk about it. I could not stop thinking about it for days afterwards and even now I have only been back to that same Mall once. I just can't stand going there anymore. I had to get out of that Mall so quick and had to make excuses not to walk back the same way that we had just come so that I would not have to be faced with it again. Don't know about you guys but V seems to be everywhere I go. It is like it is out to get me. Stupid I know but that is how it feels. This phobia is taking over my life at the moment and I am looking to seek help because for whatever reason it was got so bad recently. I have seen further horrid sites since this episode and I just get so angry inside that I have to be subjected to it all the time. Why me I ask myself. Other people say that they just don't seem to see V but I guess that us emetophobes see it everywhere. Anyway just felt like getting this off my chest. I just feel like I need help right now, but then who doesn't with this awful phobia.

I have to say that as gross as it is to just leave the bag...I probably would have done the same to just be rid of it, you know?? One time my friend had a coughing fit and did IT in my car.....I freaked out and made her dump the bag out the window!! Normally, I would NEVER litter, but I wanted it OUT and FAST! So, I apologize if any emet came along later and found the bag.....

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."