Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Baby Names

Since there was a post of "Bad Baby Names"... I was just thinking we should each share the names (if you have any) that we have chosen. If you have kids already, what are their names, if you plan on having kids... do you have any names picked out yet?

Girls~ Kathryn Emerson, Isabelle Marie, andElizabeth Grace... I also love the name Nevaeh

Boys~ Matthew Hayden,RobertDouglas, and James Carson

~Rachel(My full name is Rachel Kathleen... though it was Rachel Marie until about 4 hours after my birth... whenmy parentschanged it LOL)
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Good question Rachel!!!

Oh, and my name is just Neha (Love in Hindi.) I don't have a middle name.My parents WERE going to name me Aconsha (desire in Hindi) or Prateeksha (Waiting in Hindi), (My brother's name is Prateek : Prateek & Prateeksha [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]) BUT THANK GOD my mom came up with Neha!!!!!WHEW!!!!

I have thought about it so many times, what would I name my child. I would like to chose an Indian name that can easily be pronounced by everyone else. There are a thousand names in my mind, but here are just a few:

Girl: Cimmaron, Jasmine, Sarah, Angali, Pooja, Megha, Kajal, Priyah, Priyanka, Juhi, Payal, or Ria

Boy: Rahul, Rohit,Ishaan, Raja....haven't given the boys names much thought...[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Obviously I've been thinking about this a lot...lol....[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well we went through SOOO many names when we were trying to com up with one. We didn't know if it was going to be a girl or a boy so we came up with names for both

We called our little man Anthony David Peter.

boy names: Ash, Austin, Braydon, Brandon, Christian, Clay Duncan, Hayden, Malachi. Matthew, Brian, Michael, Seth

For the boys we went for not so common names and ones with meanings we likedFor the girls we went for names that sounded nice, had a nic meaning.

Girls names: April, Akayla, Aisha, Abigail, agate, amber, Ashley, Brooke, Caitlyn, Calista, CLaire, Dawna, Deanna, Laura. Diane, Stephanie

So many awsome names I could go on but those were our top picks when going through them. I love going through names.[img]smileys/smilies_32.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Girls: Jennifer or Bethany
    Boys: Daniel or Ben

Oh yeah we had Bethany and Benjamin but my husbands sister had twins a few months before us and used those names. So we didn't want the same names. I like those names too.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Aw Melikasa I love the name you ended up choosing for your little one!

I always have thought I wouldpickless traditional names and I've chosen a few over the years (Hayden and Emerson for example) and I've heard both of them more and more in the past couple of years! I've even heard Nevaeh (which is Heaven backwords) more and more lately... it's NOT fair!!! LOL In fact... I happened to mention the name Hayden at a baby shower for my cousinlast spring and low and behold... months later that becamethe name of their little boy... I guess we shouldjust keep our names to ourselves.I still say I'm going to name my first born son Jack Daniel!

Neha ~ I think it's reallygreat that you're wanting to keep with tradition and give your child an Indian name... you don't hear too many in the US and I think they're all really beautiful names... I love the nameNeha!

And Hannah... I love the name Daniel It's my older brother's name, well actually his name is Robert Daniel but we call him Daniel anyway.

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

So I don't think I want kids, but I have the coolest names picked out! lol

My full name is Michelle Anne Marie. And up until a couple years ago I thought it was Anne-Marie. But really..it's just Anne Marie (Marie added for the catholic traditions). So I go by Michelle Anne.

ANYWHO! lol

Girls: Denver, Margeaux, Madison, Dominique & April.

Boys: Stewart, Julian, Devon, Riley & Ross.

I like all baby names really! I dont have any favories! I think for a girl I would say poppy and for a boy maybe... no ideas!! I've never really thaught about it to be honest!

Erm for a boy: Aaron, Daniel (seems popular one), Kieran

Girl: Emma, Neve/Naimh.

Hope we have a boy when we start having babies cos me and boyfriend can't agree on any girls names.</font>

Rachel

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckygalrk

Neha ~ I think it's reallygreat that you're wanting to keep with tradition and give your child an Indian name... you don't hear too many in the US and I think they're all really beautiful names... I love the nameNeha!

Thank you!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

[img]uploads/images/Melikasa/boy_n_girl_angels.gif[/img]Oh yeah Naomi got a girl name. Its Peters sisters name. I like it.

WOW lots of great names going on. We wanted to steer clear of trends because there were sooo many babies being named with the top 10.So fun...

Edited by: Melikasa

heres a few names i really like

girl~ Fiona Marie, Molly Anne, Mistie Marie, Monica Grace, (i like the "m" names lol)

boy- Josh, Matthew, Casey, and..thats about it lol..i dont know about boy names..i want to have a girl when i grow up
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

neha i love the name jasmine! that's so pretty!

melikasa, my name is stephanie michelle.

girls: hannah lynne, katelyn michelle, &amp; paige marie.

boys: cameron michael, jeremiah lee, &amp; bryan austin.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Michelle! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

my auntie is having a baby girl soon.... and she's calling her 'keira' i like that name[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

but i also like:

Girls: Kayla, megan, imogen, hollie, Ella, Ellie,

Boys: Harry, Sam, Jack, Harvey,

i also like the name sabrina but my kid would kill me if i named her from the tv show sabrina!!
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Ellie :: how do u pronounce Imogen ? i cant figure it out { im so dumb }

totally off topic here ... does anyone here like Good Charlotte ? the punk band ?

~Boys~ Benjamin,Spencer,Braeden,Riley,Joel,Aiden, Lindsay,Mackenzie,Conner,Ethan

~Girls~ Mia,Madison,Genevieve,Samantha,Billie,Casey,Charle e ... thats all i can think of.

RaVeN

4 a girl layla bridie lawrence...layla because i love the name, bridie is my partners grandmothers name and lawrence is my moms maiden name

4 a boy kurt lawrence

for a boy..Aiden Patric...our last name is Walsh..so its a perfect Irish name!

For girl..hmm.. I like Caidence and Peyton
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

I'm pregnant and at this point we're thinking of Dara for a girl and David for a boy. We have a daughter Rachel who we almost named Harley.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Elizabeth ~ I love Dara... that's really pretty! And... I have a younger brother named David... that would be kinda neat...

My parents went with one biblical name and one Scotish name foreach of us so we're Rachel Kathleen, David Allen, and Robert Daniel. All quite traditional names, but people weren't as brave back then as they are now... I mean 6 people namedtheir children "Morpheus" last year... that's pretty brave!

I really like the name Landon Jamestoo... but my mom doesn'tcare much for it... though I guess it's not really her choice LOL... and mybrother and his girlfriend were discussing baby names the other night (no they aren't having a baby, just chatting about it) and they both want to namea kid "Forest"... I thought it was kind of cutebut I don't know I'd name a kid that... oh well

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Unknown

I like the name Dara as well. I've heard it before but they spelled it Darah.

David is my dad's name. hehe.

I went to school with a girl named Darraha... they called her dar- a - ha..if i used the name id go with a different spelling

I always wanted to name my little girl Haley Marie..i still like the name..but am not sure..there are more and more haleys out there!
    Garth Brooks

I want to name my children something with meaning. I would never name them after a fruit, that's for sure! I don't like many of the more popular names and I hate that every fourth boy is named Jacob!

So, my picks are:

girl: Grace, Emily, Christine, Rebecca

boy: Daniel Patrick (after our fathers), Paul, Matthew, Lucas

Hey Heather... even the fruit is popular (lol) I mean look at Gwenyth (sp?) Paltrow... they named their daughter "Apple"... okie dokie... I'm thinking, if you're gonna name your child after a fruit, at least pick something fun like Kiwi or Kumquat... now that's original!

I've been threatning lately to name may first daughter Tequila Mockingbird just for originality... but I'd never REALLY do that to a kid!

I think what's most important, even with traditional names, is that the name means something to you and to your family. My great grandfather's name was Arley Emerson Douglas...I admired hima lot so I chose Emerson for a girls name, we'd call her "Emma". I think I'd rather have my daughter be able to explain that she was named aftera wonderful person who actually meant something to her family,than that she was named after a character in the movie her parents saw the night before she was born. But I guess to each his own...

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Unknown

LOL....my name is Kayla..I was named after the charachter on Days of Our lives..Kayla..LOL...mom just loved the name..and Im glad she chose it

We are going to name a boy Aiden Patrick..because its Irish..plus Patrick is my father-in-laws middle name..

If we have a girl..i want to pick at least a middle name that has family meaning..probably lynn because thats my moms middle name!!

Garth Brooks

Hey... Kayla is a beautiful name! I have a cousin named Kayla. But Kayla is also an actual name too... I meant more like people seeing the X-men and naming their children "Morpheus"or "Wolverine"or "Neo" after the Matrix... I mean you have to think that the kid's actually going to have to grow up with that name. Can't imagine having to hear that over the intercom at work "Morpheus Smith you have a call waiting on line 1"... that's just a little crazy! Or better yet the presidential campaign Morpheus Smith vs.WolverineJones Lol... that's insanity!

but no... I love your name! And I really love Aiden Patrick... I love Irish names... I actually really like the name "Ilish" for a little girl... tis an irish name too

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Unknown

LOL yea..i know what you mean!!

Our last name i Walsh..so we think Aiden Patrick would be just perfect!!!

I have some thoughts on having a baby..once im at home and have time to write i want to tell you all how im feeling and see if you think im crazy!!!
    Garth Brooks

Neha - I just taught a girl named Pooja. What does it mean? I'm curious.

Kmarie - Do you post product reviews on makeupalley? I think I saw you there. Also just curious. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]</font>

Nope.. Not Me
    Garth Brooks