Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: delivery room??

i have a question...my best friend is pregnant and i really want to be with her in the delivery room but i am sooooo terrified of it. any advice? anywhere i can watch births to desensitize myself other than tv ( i don't get channels)? the v*ing scares me, but so does the entire process....help!!

Not everyone v*s from the delivery, but do you have to watch the baby come out? Or can you be at your best friends head, and hold her hand???

Because I don't think that part is bad...

But I'm no expert

Wait wait wait... people actually v* from delivering a baby!!?? OMG. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Allie
    **No one knows what it\'s like behind my green eyes.**

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Being a nurse, I've seen several deliveries, including my sister's. Some people do *v* during delivery. They can *v* from pain or from just being in the last stages of labor. Once someone is dilated 8-10 centimeters, there is a chance of *v* because the body is going through extreme stress. Out of all the deliveries I have watched, no one has ever *v*. And believe me, my sister *v* frequently and she made it through. If your friend is having an epidural, that will take care of a lot of the pain and discomfort. The only thing with the epidural is that it can cause a drop in blood pressure after delivery and sometimes that can make people *v*, but that doesn't happen to everyone.

If your friend knows about your phobia, you may want to tell her that if she feels like *v*, you may need to step out of the room. Seeing a baby being born is one of the greatest things you can see, so definitely don't let your phobia interfere. It really isn't that bad at all to watch. You will be so excited about seeing the baby, you will forget everything else!

Good luck and tell us how it goes!

Jess

P.S. I'm sure many of the other mothers on this site can tell you about their experiences!Edited by: jesskali

I am in a similar situation. My cousin is due in September, and
    she would like me to be present as well. I am more nervous about
    being in the hospital on the 5th floor, then the actual birth
    part. I hate elevators, and not being near an exit to the
    outside. I have heard of people v* during labor, but no one I
    know ever has. I would hope that since my cousin knows about my
    fear, she would let me know. I hope it doesn't just happen out of
    the blue. I want warning. If not, at least you can turn
    your head, and quickly leave the room. And you know you can't
    catch it. That is a plus. But I hope you are with her
    during the birth. What a wonderful experience! Carrie

thanks for the replies. she's not due for a while, so i have alot of time to psych myself up for this...i'm just scared of the real thing....yikes!!