Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hypnotherapy

My mum has decided I should give hypnotherapy a go and am getting an appointment soon. After my last disaster with therapy hypnotherapy seems the way to go now. Have and of you had this done before? What is it like when you are actually hypnotised?? I'l sure the person will explain everything to me but just from and emet point of view. It should be very interesting!

Wow!! I've never tried hypnotheraphy, so I can't tell you what it's like!! All I know is what I have seen on TV shows and movies or what I have read in books!! I find it to be so interesting!!! I hope this works for you!!

Good luck with this!! Tell us how it turns out!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you I will. I've been told that it isnt like you are asleep or unconcious and that its just relaxing! hmmm it will certainly be interesting!

If nothing else, it will teach you some good relaxation skills. And it's not like on the cartoons - they can't make you do weird stuff or anything. Hopefully the therapist is a warm, caring person who is also trained in some other techniques - that will work the best.

Let us know how it goes.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Thanx sage. I had a CD the was ahypnosis thing to get rid of phobias. It was nice and what the man on the tape said made good sense. It didnt help my phobia but it certainly was relaxing!! I expect that is how t will be. Also this man isnt just going t hypnotise me, he'l talk and act as a counsellor aswell I think which will be good.

Definatly let me know if it works... I will definatly do it if it does help!!

Yeh its going to be very interesting! Even if it doesnt help it will still be an 'experiance'!!!

hi izzybe,i've had a good few sessions of hypnotherapy andfor every individualit's different,and can respond in different ways........For meit was a very relaxing experience except one time when my doctor hypnotised me,well tried.I was very anxious before starting and found that i couldn't relax enough to benifit.I think the best way to be is openminded because if u go with an expectation u could be dissapointed.I find it really helps and like u say u are concious u are fully aware of what is happening and it's just a very deep relaxation...And the more relaxed u go the further u go in to a state of mind of secure and such a lovely feeling.....U don't need to be scared and if u feel uncomfortable u can easily tell the therapist and they can get u out of hypnosis very quickly.....What they do is work on your uncounsious mind thats why u need to be realxed.I even found myself crying but it's juts a way of releasing all those negative feelings and i felt so positive afterwards,like i could face anything.....Like i said before if u join the phobia society in manchester,i'm not to sure the fee's but they will help towards so many sessions,it has to be with someone that is on there books,so they choose the person for u,but they are all qualified....But it's worth giving it a go.....U never know until u try it..............Good luck and hope u enjoy the experience

Take care vicky