Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Lonely

My husband left for a business trip to New Hampshire this morning. I took him to the airport for a tearful goodbye and have fought back more tears all morning. He will be back Friday so it really isn't that long, but it seems like forever to me. And, his birthday is Thursday, so that makes it harder too. You would think that I would be used to it by now since he's done this about 5 or 6 times since we've been married, but it is always hard on both of us.

I will be spending the night at my parent's house this week and of course I worry that I will be sick at some point. I will be away from my computer too and will not have any support from here if I do get sick. Oh, well, I'm just really ready for Friday to be here!

Jess

aww Jess - i know how u feel kinda - well im not married and my partner Jon hasnt been away much - but last year he had to do some training in the North of England. I said goddbye to him on the sunday - and it was just sooo wierd and out of our usual routine! He was away all week and it was tough - but just look forward to Friday and focus on doing something real special a. coz its his birthday and b. coz it will be a great reunion!

ems x

Jess, I feel for you, my husband has to go away on business sometimes too. Usually only about 1-2 weeks a year. I know how hard it is. You will be in my thoughts. Keep us posted if and when you can. Just think, its already Mon. afternoon. Gotta get through it one day at a time, ya know!!!! Edited by: jennyleigh1975

Thanks, ejb199 and Jennyleigh. I made it through yesterday alright. We talked several times yesterday and he called me this morning before I came to work. We actually talk a lot more when he is away than when he is home! I didn't sleep well last night so I'm really tired today. I can't wait until Friday night gets here so I can get in my own bed!

Jess

This sounds like a romantic movie, I think that is so sweet. You will be fine Jess. Do you have things planned for when he is back on Friday for his birthday? Keep thinking good thoughts and Friday will be here before you know it!

Rhonda,

We are planning to go out to dinner after I pick him up at the airport. I'm thinking I'll probably get him a birthday cake. He is celebrating with his family Saturday morning while I'm at a Mother-Daughter banquet. I'll probably let him open his gifts Saturday night. Also, Nurse's Day is Friday, so we'll probably celebrate that too sometime this weekend!

Jess

I hear you. My husband and I were married for ten years before we
    had our children (yes, we got married very young). He traveled
    maybe once or twice a year for a week.

After we had our children he started traveling alot. He would
    travel about a week a month starting when my youngest was about five
    months old. It was a real challenge dealing with two babies and
    no help. It was even harder if one of them one sick, which
    happened quite often. For the past four years, he travels atleast
    once a week for anywhere from one to four nights. It used
    to be really difficult, but I have become accustomed to it. I
    know its hard and probably harder when travel infrequently because you