Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is a bad day turned good triumph story, so brace yourself.

Some of you whom I have chatted with have already heard the story, but I'll tell it in full length.

So today I was in Psychology class. We were studying psychological disorders. Phobias, Anxiety Disorders, Personality Disorders, etc. I impulsively blurted out I had OCD on Wednesday, then today, she was asking if anyone knew any phobias. Well, the agoraphobia and arachnaphobia came up, and something inside of me just said tosay it. So I said: "I suffer from Emetophobia, fear of v********" My teacher said: "Emeta-what?" and I said it again. Luckily, my friend from Spanish class sits next to me, and she knew about my phobia because I had written an essay in Spanish class about it. So she nodded her head. Anyway, after this admission, my teacher read us a list of phobias. "I always get a kick out of this" she says. So she's going down the list, and all the while people are laughing and joking around and poking fun and whatnot at the different phobias. She skipped theE's by the way, I THINK out of consideration for me.Meanwhile, my friend from Spanish class saw me kind of looking uncomfortableand feeling bad, so she started talking to me, asking me a few questions about the phobia with genuine interest. And that made me feel better, but still, I felt like a big joke. And when we got to the psycholgoical disorders, it also hit too close to home. I started feeling uncomfortable and felt like a big joke again.I felt so ashamed becauseIWAS the people she was talking about. And while theothers kind oflaughed and marveled at how"strange" the behaviors were, I wassitting there, identifying with most of them.Then I felt bad for beingoverly sensitive. I mean, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at right?And Iam one to think that a sense of humor is important. I just COULDN'T though. It was toopersonal.Anyway, you are wanting the triumph part, so I will get to it. I left class feeling REALLY REALLY REALLY crappy and hating myself for being the way that I am. I felt ashamed and I felt like an alien for being so different. Then I felt likea drama queen for feeling this way. (Yes, a lot goes on in my little mind[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]).

Anyway, we were having a Spring Fling today at school. It is a carnvial type thing. I planned to stay earlier, but now that I was feeling so sh*tty, I decided to call my mom and tell her to pick me up. I just wanted to go home and wallow and cry (I know that sounds sopathetic). Anyway, I just felt like doing that. So Icalled her.She said she was doing groceries and would pick me up as soon as possible. Then, I went to the bookstore to buy some stuff. And suddenly,I just felt better. I can't explain it, but I laughed at someof thefunny things they had at the store,and that kind of broke the ice. I started to feel better, and I decided that running awaywould NOT be the right thingto do. So Icalled my mom up again and told her not to come. I decided to go to theSpring Fling. Itwasn't starting until 2 hours, so I had a lot of time to kill.I just hung outwithsome friends and we talked and laughed up a storm, and that REALLY took my mind off of things!!! I felt like part of the group again if that makes sense.I even met some newfriends.

[b]Anyway, when it cameSpring Fling time, I was all ready to have fun!!!I wanted to do everything and go everywhere!!! I had a lot of fun actually!! I ate a lot of food, I drank smoothies, and laughed it up again!! It was as if that whole psycholgoy situation never happened!!! It was reall
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Woohoo! Well done that is so great!!!!!

Thank You!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<<hugs Neha>> sorry i have no words. feeling really really rotten today.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Good job!!! By the way (sensitives may not want to read further) in my circle of family and friends the Orbitron ride, and any other stupid, spinny rides, are called the Vomitron!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Jill xxx

YAY! Neha! I'm so proud of you! That is really hard to make a positive froma negative nad you did it and enjoyed it! Also look how far you have come, it's amazing! You actually went near potential v*ers! That guy truly is amazing saying that EWW how is that fun, even for a non emet? I mean I know they may not care if it happens after a ride and the ride may be worth the outcome to them but part of the fun?! YUCK! Anyhow good for you and like I said in IM those kids in class laughing were laughing out of ignorance not at you, they are fortunate enough to either not have any of those phobias etc or they are unfortunate enough to have them and be ashamed and go along w/ the crowd and nto be as brave as you! So you can either roll your eyes at them or pity them but either way be proud of yourself and who you are!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

WOW I am SO impressed!! You did an amazing job at turning that day around!!

Keep in mind that what you did in that class may have done some good..now people who thought those with disorders were freaks may realize that there are people they know with phobias..and different disorders and that they are humans too!

Im SO glad you had fun!!!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks