Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

stop yourself from v*******? I pace, take a walk outside, watch TV, put a cold wet towel on my forehead, breathe slow, lie on my back, mess with my hair, distract myself by doing something like a puzzle, hug my mom like hell, swallow, stretch, read, take a bath, suck on mints or tums, go for a drive, think of other things, talk with someone...I think that those are most of the tools that I use. What are yours?

Hi miss pez welcome to the site! Cool name by the way. Anyway, when I feel sick, I cover my ears up (No idea why that helps!)and pinch my arms, and breathe really hard, I basicly try really hard to stave off a panic attack.

I do stuff like that too.

Twitch my hands/feet, pace, lay down, take deep breaths, sing to myself.

I pace around my room and bang stuff on my body. The next morning I'm covered with bruises. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

I lie on my stomach, i'm sure its psychological!!!
    Rachel
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Laughing is good exercise, it\'s like jogging on the inside!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Miss Pez, and welceome to the family!!

I actually do most of the things you listed, but I also dig my fingernails into my skin to try to distract myself. I also tense up my body, bite my lip and inner cheeks, mumble and make strange noises, make faces and weird facial expressions to try to control "it", and I almost always cry. I also take the trash can and put it near me just in case. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Really, i do everything possible to stop myself. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Oh yeah I bite my cheeks too, I forgot, it gives me big ulcers though!

Ditto on the Ulcers bit!! I also have TERRIBLE scratch marks and scars the day after a huge panic attack when I dig my fingernails into my skin!! Sometimes it'son my face and arms.It's awful. [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]I always regret it afterward, but at the moment, it's all I can think of to do. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

heya, and welcome to our family.

to distract myself, i dig my nails into my skin on hands and arms e.t.c. i also chew my lips. i pace about breathing in and out and saying it to myself constantly. i have a bath, this is purely psychological, i think that if i can manage having a bath, im not actually ill =| odd eh

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Mainly I just take stuff. Usually a dramamine, and I also drink ridiculously strong ginger tea. Most of the time I can just sleep it off.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Welcome to our little family, miss pez! I like the name, do you by chance collect pez dispensers? My dad did.

I always suck or chew peppermints. I have no idea why, it just seems to help. I also take tums or gravol. If its not too bad I will eat sunflower seeds.Ipick atunder my nails, stomp my feet, and pinch the area of skinbetween your pointer finger and thumb. I read that if youdo that (in a home remedies book) then it sends weird messages to your brain and stomach, making nauseousness subside.I think it helps a bit,even if itdoesn't cure it.I drink tons of water, and I figure if I drink a few cups of water and then pee, the water went through me so it means I won't throw it up. Weird, I know. But convincing enough.

I got addicted to tums when I was younger. Kinda bad eh! I was about 9.

I find a comfortable position to sit, flick my fingers, clean under my nails, twirl my hair, breathing, counting syllables on the tv show on, puzzle books, computer games like tetris that require concentration. I take Gavascon and Gravol if it is really bad. Since I am better about the agoraphobia I will go for a walk with the baby as well. I use to bite my cheeks but I hated the cankers and managed to get over it. I swallow a lot too. I won't talk at all if I am feeling really sick.

I am sure there are other things. It seems funny writing all of these things. I suprised myself at how many things a do.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.