Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Interesting Phobia

Aeronausiphobia- Fear of vomiting secondary to airsickness.

Haha, then I definitely have this!!! Seems like most emets would!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Interesting Phobia

I used to have a cool poster called the "Fear and Phobia Finder" which listed all the common ones, and then some really weird ones like "Lintophobia: the fear of bellybuttons." LOL

"Fee-fie-fo-fum-ophobia: fear of beanstalks"
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia: The fear of long words!! Ha!

Wow I didn't know there was a specific name for it, it is definitely my biggest fear as an emet alongside being stuck in your own house with a sick person.

monkey_puzzle- Me too! I can't stand the thought of being sick on a plane; your up in the air for pete's sake!!! Then I can't run anywhere! =) Wow, I can't imagine being afraid of beanstalks!

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLuna View Post
    monkey_puzzle- Me too! I can't stand the thought of being sick on a plane; your up in the air for pete's sake!!! Then I can't run anywhere! =) Wow, I can't imagine being afraid of beanstalks!
    Ergh Im the same no were to run and hide. It would be horrendous and embarrassing.

It happened to me when I was about 8, set my emet off for good. I had flown heaps before it happened and never suffered motion sickness and still don't, I was just run down from a busy holiday with my dad, and threw up both when we landed at our stopover and when we landed back home. I remember people watching me as they were getting off the plane, it was awful. Still haunts me to this day, and have thankfully flown since, but they've only been 2 hours or less! Planning on going to the US for a holiday this year, the thought of being stuck in a plane with others potentially sick for 13+ hours just scares the absolute crap out of me.