Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I am sick again. I went to bed last night, and woke up at 2:30am with a sore throat. Finally fell back asleep at 5am. Well, I woke up this morning, and my throat is killing me, I have no fever, but I feel like having diarrhea, and I am extremley nausous. I drank some apple juice, and ate some crackers, but I still feel sick to me stomach. Do you think this could be a SV? Do you usually get a sore throat with a SV? I am a little nervous that this is what I have. I am very tired, not too achy, but I really feel like I am going to have diarrhea, but nothing will come out. I had the same feeling yesterday too, but just had soft stool. I am not sure if this is just a throat infection, or the flu, but I am scared its the SV. What do you guys think??

Michele
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

could be strep throat. I'd get checked out if I were you.

I dont think it's an SV. Those come on so suddenly and you have a big gap in there with time.I think you would have been v-ing by now. If that throat doesnt feel any better you should see a doctor.
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=red>aol/aim screename: kraziqtashes&lt;br&gt;
    dontwannabeme17
    </font></font>

Often, strep and throat stuff cause diarrhea. I bet that's all it is. Don't worry, just go to the doctor if your throat isn't better. Just remember, you met Matthew McConaghy (however you spell it!), everything is good!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

The slightest bit of nasal drainage will make you get diarhea and have an upset stomach, so it could be that. Go to the doctor if it doesn't feel better like tomorrow. There's a nasty cold/flu thing going around here and the sore throat and fatigue last like 5 days. Just take it easy and get alot of rest. Hope you feel better!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

My daughter has just gotten over strep. She had a fever for 6 days but did not have a sore throat. So you could have strep... and post nasal drip causes some stomach upset, I mean its going into yuor stomach. I always get an upset stomach with post nasal drip. You could also have the flu ( the real flu) But it comes on really fast with a bad headache, fever, chills and just feeling crappy... My daughter also had this along with the strep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh... no fun is it!?!

Anytime I get a sore throat type thing I get an upset stomach from the drainage and such. I usually get diarrhea with it in the mornings because I swallowmore junkat night while I'm sleeping. Gross as it is,try to always spit out the mucous, it helps tons)
    Also, Try not to drink things like apple juice anytime your stomach is upset because it will give you diarrhea faster than anything. Stick to things like caffeine free soda (root beer/sprite/c. free pepsi/etc...)and water during cold/flu times.

And I agree with the others... for me, horrible sore throat means a trip to the doctor because even though it's likely just a cold virus, strep throat won't go away without antibiotics and if you have it... you want to get rid of it quick because it gets worse fast! The only trip I've ever taken to the emergency room was when I had strep three years ago. My roomate and her bf took me to the ER at 1 in the morningbecause I was shivering and couldn't swallow... it was NO fun, but sure enough, I got the antibiotic that night (took four tries to get it down my throat until my mom finally gave me tea) and felt about 60% better by the next morning. The sad thing was,my throat had been hurting for several days and wasn't getting better, but I never went to the dr.

Anyways, you're in my thoughts!
    Feel better!!!
    ~RachelEdited by: kentuckygalrk
    My journal

wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Thanks everyone, I am feeling worse than ever right now, I am pretty sure its not strep or the flu, I have no fever (only 97.9), no headache, no body aches. I just have a sore and very scratchy throat, and my nose is bothering me, not quite stuffy but runny. I have been sick to my stomach all day, but I really think its from post nasal drip. I just feel like its all in my chest. I will give it a few days, my friend has the same thing, and she went to the doctors and they didn't give her anything, they just said it was a cold. So I am going to try and get some rest. I hope I feel bette soon. I am just tired of being sick all the time!!!

Michele

Michele,

Sounds like you are coming down with a nasty headcold. We all
    want spring, but just remember with the transition of the seasons come
    those pesky headcolds.

Stella

Sounds like a cold!!! I hope you don't get the strain of flu I had last weekend! But, mine hit me like a ton of bricks--and my fever was up to 102.5! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Thanks, I woke up this morning, had horrible diarrhea, my throat still is hurting, but I actually am feeling better than yesterday. I had an appetite this morning and ate scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of toast. I was very happy I was hungry. I hope the worse is over though.

I am just so sick of being sick!!! Besides my kidney stuff happening, I have been sick every month since January. I had the flu on January 1st, my temp was over 104.0, then in the beginning of Feburary, I had a very bad head cold, and now the beginning of March, I get sick again!! The thing that makes me mad the most is that I don't even go anywhere because of my surgery. I can barely walk, I rarely go the the store, and I still manage to get sick. I have never been sick so many times in one year!!!

I can't wait for this winter to be over!! When is it ever going to end!!!!

hope ya feel better soon!! its really annoying getting a cold at this time of year, especially if you thougth you escaped the winter colds!Gets loads of rest and watch plenty of crap tv!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Michele, I feel the same way. I have a throat infection and now I'm catching my mom's cold!!! I have lots of mucus and my stomac is bothering me...I'm hoping it's because of the mucus! YUCK

How are you now?
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

I feel really fuzzy, if that makes sense. I just feel out of it. My stomach is nausous right now, and I am just so tired. I hope this goes away soon. I am sorry you are sick too, it just sucks. I hope you feel better too.

I had the same thing about a month ago, nausea included. The good thing is, when you feel sick to your stomach due to an upper respiratory infection or similar, you can get rid of the nausea pretty easily. When it is the stomach virus...the fight not to vomit is a lot harder!

I hope you feel better!

Jen

Well, its defenitly a head cold. Its 5am, I can't sleep, my stomach is upset, my nose is so stuffy I can't breath. This is my second head cold in a month. I hate winter!!!

I have the same thing. It's getting worse though, my ears hurt, my head feels foggy and my voice is going!

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3