Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So my brother went to the prom last night and this afternoon, these two boys come to our house and one is drunk!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]GAAAHH, i hate drunk people!!! Afterthey left, they went to this other guy's house were the drunk kid was sick on this guy'sBED!Luckily I was in my room the whole time they were here, but apparently he was only semi-concious...and both my parents were here, so they noticed something was going on and are in the midst of sorting this whole thing out. Anyway, there has been a lot of v* talk around here this afternoon and I'm definitely on edge right now...This whole thing unfolded right before dinner and I was feeling really nervous so I couldn't eat and my parents were yelling at me to have my dinner. I'm already reconsidering going to prom next year because I don't want to encounter any drunk people there. I decided not to go this year because I want to only go my senior year, which is next year and now i'm SO glad I decided not to because apparently a lot of people show up drunk. I hate how emet is ruling my life and my decisions. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, do any of you guys ever end your panic attacks with a feeling of slight giddiness? I'm kind of feeling that way right now. Like, when I'm on a car ride and I start having a panic attack because I feel like I'm getting car sick. But then, after it subsides, I get this huge adrenaline rush and it feels strangely good. But I think I'm over the panicking now...if they guy had v*ed at our house, I don't know what I would do.
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

You should definitely go to your prom next year and not worry about drunk people. When I'm around someone who is drinking, I can usually tell if they're about to be sick, so I just turn my head and close my ears. The people who know me well know why I'm doing it, and the other people are probably too drunk to notice. I know it's something I'm not going to catch, so I don't have to worry about that.

I know it's really easy to say, but you really can't let emet rule your life. There are some things I'm scared to do because of it, but there are also a lot of things I've forced myself to do anyway, like become a teacher, and ride a rollercoaster, that I'm really glad I did. Each little thing I've made myself do has helped me realize that I'm stronger than I thought!

hey there.

just thort i'd share some knowledge i have with you.

during a panic attack, thers a load of adrenaline being pumped round ur body, which as u say, CAN make u feel good. but afterwrds the adrenaline doesnt just disappear suddenly, so wen u think u shud b feeling ok, u'll stil get after-effects, lke giddiness.

so, what they say is helpful to do, is to do sum short quick and sharp movements with ur body to use up that adrenaline runing around ur body. for example, sit down on a chair and push ur arms out suddenly and say "RAH". trust me, it works, its how my teacher taught me to get over my panic attacks i had last week. u can also do this with ur legs.. but if someone else is there with you, i found it helpful to have an arm wrestle with them too....

as for the drunk people, thats exactly why i cant go anywhere near anyone who is consuming alcohol of ne sort. so for me, it sounds brave for u to even go the prom in the first place, bt dont get too scared to go against next year. just remmber, baby steps gets u thru this phobia. so dont turn back on urself. if u go to this prom next year, and the same thing happens, u may find it affects u less!!

Jen xxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.