Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Nausea in head?

Default Nausea in head?

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time posting. This forum seems great. I am wondering if anoyne else basically feels nauseous 24/7? Is this normal with this Eme Disorder? I feel nauseous 24/7. Also, can nausea be just a mind symptom or is my body really feeling nauseous? Just wondering what people think. This is very hard to leave with every single day

Default Re: Nausea in head?

It is most definitely an anxiety symptom. Have you been to a doctor or psychologist about it? I would probably start there. I hope you feel better soon!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I feel this way 24/7 as well. It has to be a mind over matter type of thing. I think about all the what if's 24/7 and get myself worked up about getting sick and how this could be the day I get it...It's rough and makes going anywhere a challenge.

I agree that it must be mind over matter for us. For instance, I have lost all ability to detect REAL nausea from other sensations in my body. I mean, I'm sure if I got really sick in my stomach I would know it's the real nauseous feeling. However, I get other sensations in my body that make me THINK I am nauseous. Any weird sensation in my head...lightheadedness, dizzyness or just an "off" feeling make me think I am nauseous when sometimes my belly isn't even queasy or is just a little funny. Or even a hot flash...when a wave of heat comes over me, I feel sure that I'm done for - even though a hot sensation doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be sick...*shrug*
    waiting for the end to come...wishing i had strength to stand...
    this is not what i had planned...it's out of my control...

I know that... I get hot sometimes or other times my cheeks get really red and I think OMG this is it and I'm going to be sick any moment now... it freaks me out completely.

You arent alone, i feel this way almost constantly, its in the head. atleast for me it is.
    And yet im still not used to it and it still sends me in a panic every single day.

oh my i feel so relieved there are other people like me, wow, i cant believe this, thanks so much for taking the time to answer. omg i think everyday that this is going to be the day that i come down with the stomach bug too, it is so awful. i am going to disney in orlando in a few weeks on vacation and almost told friends that i wouldnt be able to go but i went ahead and purchased the tickets, but now every single day since thenn i am regretting it because it is stomach flu season and i am going to be on a plane with a bunch of people and oh my goodness what if i get the stomach flu when i am in disney and have a fever and everything, i dont know how to handle this.............

I was in the same boat you were this time last year. I was getting ready to go on a cruise and I was terrified. I had to fly there and I had to go on a boat with tons of people and I was certain I'd get the stomach bug. To make things worse the day before I left my mom made me dinner and that same night only 2 hours later she came down with the stomach but so I was certain I was doomed and it'd hit at the worst time like on a plane or on one of the islands or something where I couldn't get to a bathroom but..it didn't and I had a wonderful time and once I was there and enjoying myself I was so relieved and didn't have nearly as much anxiety. I say go and have a blast I love Disney World!!!

Thank YOU!!!!!