Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default When do you think I am in the "clear"?

Well, as I posted Sunday night, my boyfriend had the stomach bug pretty bad. Sunday night starting around 10:30 pm was his first signs of stomach problems, and he stopped V* at Monday morning around 6:30 am. After that he slept all day..little waves of nausea and stomach ache..but that ended around 2. He had a few bouts of D* for a day after that, but no stomach problems or nausea. He has been eating and feeling well since Tuesday.
    Going about his life at work..etc.
    But I have sanitized his entire bathroom , all our remotes, light switches, door handles..etc.
    Washed our sheets on our bed..etc. I have not slept in the same bed with him since that dreadful night. I feel bad.
    Last time I kissed him on the lips was Sunday night before he went to bed. UGH!!
    I keep spraying Lysol now in his bathroom still...and on door handles etc.
    I still wont let him kiss me.. Well, wait..I let him kiss my cheek this morning! LOL
    I am STILL Dreading this bug getting me.
    I dont know when I should be in the clear?? Are the germs in the air??
    I am still washing my hands so carefully before I eat..that I am getting very obsessive.
    I am letting this take over my life for the moment. I am stressed about it..but not as bad as the past few days.
    Yesterday I just broke out in tears, because I am driving myself nuts.
    I did another load of laundry yesterday, fearful I was cross contaminating clothes while washing them. UGHH.
    It is now Thursday evening. First symptoms Sunday night.
    Do you think I am coming out of the danger zone finally??
    I am eating a little bit more today..because I am hungry now and cant take not eating.
    The first day he was sick I ate a saltine cracker and peaches because I had no appetite while he was sick. LOL
    I pray I am getting into the clear now... I just dont know.
    I just keep spraying Lysol.. I feel like I am nuts. But you can never be too careful, right??

Default Re: When do you think I am in the "clear"?

I think you are definately out of the danger zone by now. You can only catch something from coming into contact with v* or d* particles and by the amount of cleaning you've done, it would be VERY hard, near impossible, to pick up whatever he had.

You should be ok but he could still have the virus in his stool for a week so just keep his bathroom clean and make sure he washes his hands after he goes.

You are certainly out of the clear! Like Pretend said. . . It would be very hard to pick up what he had after all the cleaning and bleaching that you have done! *massive hugs* Yes you are right, you can never be too sorry! Better safe than sorry as my mum says! I know its difficult at this time to eat as normally as you would what you with your boyfriend being ill etc. But remember these are the most vital points where you immune system needs the best it can get. . . So that means eating! Because obviously you are more likely to pick something up if you immune system is lower than usual, so keep going with the eating. Might be an idea to have some really nutritious meals Keep up with the bleaching and cleaning just for the moment! Your boyfriend is fine and you will be fine! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you!! Yeah..still knocking on wood here. I am fine.
    I am still spraying Lysol around. ha ha
    Oh and he always washes his hands good after using the bathroom...but I still Lysol in there, almost everytime he goes.
    I actually ate McDonalds Chicken McNuggets and fries yesterday that he brought me home...I was so hungry for them!!
    I caved in though, and let him kiss me on the mouth last night..and this morning. ha ha
    I guess I am safe. I PRAY I AM!!
    Thank you all for your support!! I really needed it!