Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cool Do you try and remember pain that you have had or is it just me?

Okay right what I do is when I am in pain, like stomach pain or something. I try and search my brain to remember if I have had that pain before. Does anyone else do that? Like its kinda like my safety mechanism where I am scared of yeah you know I will search my mind until I feel I reconise the pain etc and know what it is. . . Anyone? Cuz right now I feel strange doing it! Like with period pain I know what that is, if i have pulled a muscle in my stomach I know what that is etc... etc.. Im weird! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Do you try and remember pain that you have had or is it just me?

Not weird, I do that all the time. Except I am always comparing it to see if it's better or worse, and assigning it a number from 1-10. Like at the moment I have sore stomach muscles from doing sit ups, and that's a 2. (1-2 is barely noticable, 3-4 is hmm maybe I'll take some painkillers, 5-6 is getting hard to walk, 7-8 is getting hard to stand up straight, 9 is absolutely excrutiating, I don't care how just make this pain stop, and I haven't had a 10 yet!)

I also judge what the pain is most similar to. Like last night I knew that I'd be okay because it was acid-pain (pizza, extra cheese, yum! But tummy wasn't happy). It didn't help me stop panicking, but it kept it from getting worse. I mostly compare pain to the pain that I felt when I actually was sick (didn't v, almost did, but didn't) to make sure that it is NOT the same. I know cramps, regular d (as compared to sick-d), acid pain, gas pain, sore stomach muscles from clenching them due to anxiety or cold, pure anxiety related pain, constipation pain, and gal bladder pain, even though some of them I've only had once. I have a full mental inventory. Hunger pain is the only one I'm not good at recognizing. :P

That's EXACTLY what I do. I feel like if I have felt it before, then I'm going to be okay. If it's nothing I've ever felt before, then something's wrong. It's how I think, and how I try to calm myself. I HAVE to do it, otherwise I panic and go insane.

YAY its not just me who does it then I dont know, it just feels really safe to do so. My tummy has been a rollercoaster today because of all my anxiety! Coming to think of it I have only eaten a piece of toast and a cereal bar today seeing as I have been at the hospital most of the day so Im thinking its down to hunger as well! What I love is that I feel I have to do something and feel its strange to do so but then I question it on here && its just like wow im not the only one that does it, it feels good, although dont get me wrong I hate it but its nice to have the comfort that people understand Oh gosh Rebecca I know what pain you mean, I sometimes pull a muscle in my stomach from dancing or doing sit ups, the next day the pain was about a 7! It hurt to breathe and was basically lying on the sofa for four days straight! *massive hugs* hang in there hun, you can get through it x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Oh it wasn't that bad! Like I said, it was only a 2 and it only really hurt when I used the muscles again (like getting up off the sofa). But wish me luck because my muscles are all better now so it's time for another go at those exercises!

Im sure you have already done some more exercise, I hope you haven't over done it again? I guess time will tell. . . . Good Luck x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Actually not been feeling so good this afternoon. I have Crohnie pains in my tummy and have been n on and off I don't know if it's related to the exercise or not though.

Ahh no thats not good Sorry to hear that! It could be related to the exercise. . . Seeing as its the evening, could you settle down with mr supportive and watch a movie? Im watching Come Fly With Me right now :L Its so funny! Would it help to go out for a little walk? x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Feeling loads better today, just layed on the sofa and watched films last night, so figure it must have been the exercise!

Glad to hear that you are feeling better today I am in terms of tummy pain but I feel pretty run down today, feel a cold. . .ANOTHER cold coming on I had a lemsip earlier but feeling poorly x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog