Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need Reassurance

So a little over an hour ago my 21 month old was sitting at the table eating strawberries and kind of choked on a piece of one and started to gag and suddently BLAK. I kept my cool and cleaned it up, took her up to the shower and proceeded to clean her up, and disinfect everything around her.

She's been acting normal ever since so I assume she's okay but I never had the SV nor did she so I don't know what to expect. How do I know if it was just the strawberry choking or if its something more? She's been eating cheereos and drinking water and she pooped solid since so I feel like it may just have been that...but I am so anxious right now.

I am so worried only because the SV seems to be going around everywhere so I don't know what to expect. HELP!

Default Re: Need Reassurance

Sounds like choking to me since she is eating and drinking normally. My son did that several times when he was little and I always paniced but it always turned out to be nothing more then stuffing too much in his mouth.

She would keep getting sick if it was a sv.

gagging and throwing up is a method of getting something out of your throat. It happens more than kids than adults. Her little body was just trying to get rid of that evil strawberry that was blocking the airway. No signs of any stomach bugs there, just the body working as it should. Plus, if she did have a stomach ache, I doubt that she would be willing to eat the cheereos.

I wouldn't be concerned. From the way you described it, and the lack of other symptoms by her, it sounds like it was just choking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks everyone! She was fine the rest of the day/night and ate and acted normal so I am 1000% sure it was choking . Rational logical me could have called that right away but emetome couldn't get over it. I am at work this morning and I even called home holding my breath to hear if she was sick today and of course, she's not. I wish I wasn't so consumed by this fear :-(