Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sickness mimicing sv

have u guys ever noticed this?there are alot of things that can minic the sv.i now automatically assume the worst whenever someone says they feel sick or they were vomiting.but it could be other reasons why people vomit other than the sv.my son was vomiting the other day and i assumed he had sv agin and i started freaking out,then i later realized he just has a cold and kids v* easier than adults,i noticed it would only happen when he started couging really hard,it wasnt an involuntary event like it was when he had the sv last month,his nurse told me kids vomit for alot of other reasons than sv.my boyfriend vomited for 16 hours the same day everyone else in my house had sv last month.i just knew he had it as well but when we went to emergency they found out he had pancreatitis which we already knew and he had been drinking the night before and it caused major damage,his pancrease was inflamed and he had blood in his stomache ect and thats why he was sick,he didnt have noro.then his mom started feeling with with terrible stomach pains,agin i started to freak and later found out after she went to doctor that she had double ear nfections and sinus infection,no sv.i also noticed that the net is full of ppl with sv horror stories but in reality most ppl i know that had it v* once or twice.there are some that v* more,but i realized you have to take more into consideration like that persons immune system,maybe they are unhealthy or have other health issues that contrbute to why they get sicker than others,my cousin was sick with sv and he said that sometimes he would just v* because he heard my brother v*(they were sick at the same time),not because the sv called for it,it was mental.he also told me that hes very prone to v*,if he sees someone do it he will automatically do it.maybe sometimes we assume the worst and drive ourselves nuts when there really is no threat like noro.what do you guys think?sometimes i feel comforable with my panic becasue it makes its my defense mechanism.but its an unhealthy one.what do u think?

Default Re: sickness mimicing sv

I am way more phobic about others v'ing than myself, so I don't really care why they're doing it. Only if it's self inflicted, that's worse because they could have prevented it. Examples that I consider self inflicted include drunkenness (obviously), travel s*ness (because they could have taken something to prevent it) and some cases of fp (when people say 'it must have been that burger, it did look pink' why did you eat it). So for me, sv is not the worst case scenario. I can *almost* have sympathy if someone v's with an sv. After all, non-emets don't have the same level of v continence we do, so it is *almost* understandable if they don't make it to the bathroom in time.