Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeing weird

Question feeing weird

hi for some time now i have been feeling very light headed and my stomach is making groaning sounds, i keep getting ocassional stomach cramps but they pass eventually please help me am i going to be ok?

Default Re: feeing weird

could be low blood sugar....have you eaten lately?????
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sweety...you are hungry...these are classic hunger symtoms/hunger pains

yes but i am eating normally ( i think ) exampls ate breakfast at aprox 10am had qurosont and a small muffin, lunch had a cheese sanwich aprox 12:45, had dinner pasta 7pm.

maybe you could try a snack in between lunch and dinner, like a granola bar or peice of fruit.

yes this is still hunger...you can eat pasta and an hour later u usually feel as if u have not had anything...deff eat between meals too...just something light or whatever u fancy!!

ok i'll give it a try

OMG, if I tried to go from 12:45 until 7 without eating I'd chew off my own arm!! LOL

We emets typically confuse many gastro signs that are normal to other people with being s*. You are hungry. It took me a long time to realize this. I eat 4-5 meals a day. This has tremendously helped me. A) you don't have much time to get hungry when you eat that much. B) You don't have a chance to overstuff yourself. Last night I was having severe hunger pains b/c I had eaten 1 cliff bar in about a 15 hour period, but I told myself.... its hunger pains, nothing more! They eventually subsided, but not eating b/c you think your s* is bad. I did that a few times and lost upwards of 15-20 pounds in a week. Its very unhealthy and in the long run makes you feel worse. Try sipping water or eating a few bites of applesauce, nothing major. If you start to feel better than you were just hungry.

I used to say this to my mom ALL the time. Only now that I'm recovering do I see how irrational it is, you know? I would say "I feel weird" and she'd say I was probably just hungry. I now realize, she was right. I never ate enough, and my stomach wasn't sick, it just wanted food! lol
    Eating regularly was a big change for me (I'd often skip meals, eat late, etc) , but now I feel better in a lot of ways. Having weird eating patterns is not a helpful thing. I try to always eat good HEALTHY meals at all the right times, and stay consistent. If I'm not really hungry, I still try to eat a small, light meal, like a salad or yogurt or something. It's an improvement. You totally sound like how I used to be. You probably just need to eat more regularly.

Many emets, like myself, do confuse normal stomach feelings with N. I know that I'm in the spot right now where I can hardly eat because I am so anxious that my anxiety makes me feel a little N and my stomach is just nervous. I know that since I'm not eating, I am giving myself acid reflux and it hurts and feels yucky. I've also lost 5 pounds in the past week.

So it is normal for an emet to confuse hunger with N. Maybe write a log. Write in a notebook how you feel, what are your symptoms, what you did (like if you ate), and if it helped... how you felt afterwards. Eventually, you will teach yourself what your body is telling you. you can always look back to see how you felt before and what it meant.

I get stomach cramps at night a lot, like subtle gas pains I feel like I'm creating them! I hate it, I'm on the couch right now at 12:30am because if I go to bed I feel like they get worse, probably because I have nothing else to focus on but myself. I hate it! I'm tired!!!