Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia cure I-Phone app......

Hello...I would just like to sare this with you,my husband bought the emetophobia cure i-phone app yesterday evening when I was having a really bad panic attack...it now only costs £2.99.
    It is by a man called Josh Clough and last night (while I was having the panic attack) I listened to him with head phones...he properly hypnotised me and by the time he counted down from 15 to 0 (very very slowly) I was properly out of it,it doesnt matter if you are out of it or asleep..as your subconcious mind is still taking everything he is telling you in,he explains this himself.It got me out of the panic attack before he had even got down to 0...I woke up later on by my husband getting into bed and taking the earphones out of my ears,It goes on for 45 mins and you should listen to it every day or evening for 30 days and then after whenever you need to.It was very very good and I would tell anyone of you to try it for yourself...whats a few quid,when this could help...I'm not saying it will,but why not try?
    I hope it can help you....If you have any questions,please ask..I will carry on checking this thread for a while incase.Jade.xx

Default Re: Emetophobia cure I-Phone app......

I'm glad to hear somebody tried it!! I'm extra glad to hear it's helping you! I have had amazing luck with hypnosis (I use it to fall asleep every night now, non emet related one atm) and am so happy to see another person benefit from it!

If you're going to be using it a lot, I recommend picking up SleepPhones. They are like a comfy cloth headband that has speakers in it so you can sleep or nap with them on. SO COZY!

For the USA folk, it's $4.99.

Now, I use Andrew Johnson's hypnosis apps, and his have a feature where I can control how long the session is, and also set it up to let me sleep at the end, wake me up, or a delayed wake up. Are there options like that in Joseph Clough's?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Is it available for the IPad? Still looking for it...

Oh I am not sure if it is available for the IPAD...its actually called "overcome Emetophobia" maybe try typing that in!!
    And thanks for the tip on what head phones to buy...dont think you can decide when to sleep and stuff like yours can but as its just for Emetophobia-its a good thing to try,as like I said I will try ANYTHING!!

Ah, I posted about this a couple of days ago as I found in in the App store and wondered if anyone had tried it! Im glad you did. I was a bit skeptical but for £2.99, as you say, what's the harm, if it helps!

Nice one!

I got it last night after reading you had such luck with it. His voice is VERY different than Andrew Johnson (the Scottish hypnotherapist I've been using) but he's still VERY soothing. I ended up listening to the whole thing and then falling asleep after anyway

Hypnosis works by offering suggestions to one's unconscious mind. Usually in other hypnosis tracks the suggestions are vague like "You are not afraid anymore" or "You will stay calm". Clough actually reasons with your subconscious, saying things like "I know you are trying to protect the body, since that is your primary objective. But this fear of sick is actually damaging the body, and against what the conscious mind wants."

I like this guy As for finding it, it's called Overcoming Emetophobia, and it's posted by Joseph Clough.

But WHY is our fear of vomiting damaging our bodie's?? I just cannot ever think that I will ever be okay with being sick....I just know I will have this forever..i'm very depressed right now,actually I am 99% of the time.

It's damaging in a million ways - being terrified constantly is stress to the nth degree. Stress/fear means your body is on high-alert. Your immune system suffers big-time. Your heart gets overworked. All your organs have to cope with the toxins from the stress. Your brain is working on overtime. You don't get enough sleep, and not proper sleep. Most emetophobes don't eat properly and don't get enough exercise. If they need medications to heal or to help, they often don't take them. More stress on the body.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. But please don't be depressed by thinking this is "forever." I suffered terribly and could not imagine in any way, shape or form what a world without fear of vomiting would even look like. I am not "okay" with being sick...that's not the point. The point is to not be TERRIFIED of something that's "not okay" 24-7. There is good treatment out there and new forms of treatment all the time. It takes some effort to find it and stick with it, but it's well worth it. Thousands of people have been healed of this phobia - and you can be too.

All the best,
    Sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sage have u been cured of Emetophobia?? what helped you if you have?? u seem so wisdomfull,I wish i was a different person.I'm petrified 100% of the time,I want to live..I was robbed of my childhood,I was robbed of my teen age years,and now I'm being robbed of my 20s.......I will also be robbed of my 30s, 40s, 50s...and so on if i am still here by then.I am robbed of life.

Oh Jade, Sage's story is the most amazing story of a recovering emet I have ever read. She is truly an inspiration to us all.

You can read about her journey here: http://www.emetophobiahelp.blogspot.com/