Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eating Question

Question Eating Question

Does anyone else feel anxious after eating, or during? this has been happening way too often for me, especially at restaurants. I just want to up and leave right after I'm done. sometimes I'll be eating and I'll be so paranoid about throwing up that I'll just stop. It's so bad. please tell me I'm not the only one

Default Re: Eating Question

you're not the only one, i get very anxious eating out at places and if i feel nauseous i'll stop eating and start playing with my hair (thats just something i do when i'm nervous) i actually did not eat at resturants for a very long time but i've gotten myself to eat at a *FEW* public places now. i was once posioned when i was out to eat and now i'm very petrified to eat out.

i definetly feel the same way. i never can eat except for at my house,All dat evryday im afraid im gonna throw up and never can go out and eat. it sucks but i im so happy to hear other people have this problem to.

Same here it's so annoying to think about something all day everyday! Horrible! But yes I definitly know a few emets who can't eat out

yea... prettty normal unfortunately

Yeah if I'm eating out I often start worrying part way through my meal and so can't finish it. BBQs are the worst, I'm always scared the meat hasn't been cooked properly :\
    "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" - Helen Keller

We don't eat out much anyway, but when we did, I'd get such waves of panic and n* and I'd have to stop eating. Sometimes I even asked to go to the bathroom where I broke down crying. I'd much rather eat at my house. Something about being around unfamiliar people while eating just bothers me. At McDonald's once, I couldn't even take one bite because we were on a road trip in an unfamiliar town. I didn't think that his McDonald's food was safe, if that makes sense. I made such a scene.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

def not the only one-i dont eat all day until dinner if i have work or doc appointments etc.......didnt eat until 7pm today cause i had to work and then had a therapy appointment.didnt want anything in my stomach incase i ever have to v*.which is rediculous, you could still puke stomah acid. you dont have to have food in there to puke.......i dunno. maybe im crazy

I can't eat out. Looking back I realize that I've had panic attacks about eating out at restaurants when I was only 4 or 5 years old. I get so anxious just walking into a restaurant. The few times that I have been to restaurants I have either awkwardly not eaten anything or got a salad or something really light that I would feel comfortable eating and could digest easily with a lowww chance if any of food poisoning.
    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.

I used to not eat all of the time, but I weighed so little I was forced to. It basically made me hate food. I've recently gotten over my dislike of food and am beginning to enjoy it again. However, I still eat to live rather than live to eat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I never eat out. I avoid family gatherings and i always tell friends and family that i am not hungry because i have already eaten so i am always left sitting at the restaurant and watching everyone else eat. I feel safe eating at home and i will only even eat at home if i know i am staying at home i dont like going out on a full stomach.
    "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure."

I haven't eaten out in around a year, and last time I did I was on a school field trip and brought my own food... so you're not alone. I don't like eating restaurant food anymore because I'm too afraid that getting in the car afterwards will make me v*.

You're definitely not the only one...I get extremely panicky when I'm eating out. I always make sure that I locate the nearest toilet before I start eating just in case!