Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: new member

Default new member

Hello!

I have just found this site and realised that there is actually a name for the phobia I have been dealing with since I was 7 years old (now almost 26). I am amazed! I have never met anyone who has suffered from this and always thought there was something wrong with me...now I know that plenty of people suffer from this condition and I'm not crazy!!!

Growing up I was sent to a psychiatrist to figure out why I acted the way I did...he put it down to attention seeking and sent me on my way. So I was made to feel like I actually had control over this and I was only doing it to get my parents attention. I have always been embarassed by the way I act as noone ever seemed to react the same way as me either...it's not easy to hide it when you just want to run in the opposite direction and hide.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and say how pleased I am that I have found this place. It will be nice to talk to other people who understand.

Default Re: new member

Glad to have you on the forum! It's a great place to get inspiration and help in many ways.

Hey, it's great to see another Aussie here. There's a few others around too. This place has helped me a lot since I joined last year, it's definately good to know other people understand.

welcome~ i know for me that learning i wasnt crazy.....or alone in this helped me from the start......i've gotten great help/advice/ideas from here......

how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I always thought i was crazy too. I knew that a few people suffered from this phobia. The phobia affects every single aspect of my daily life. I think im stupid sometimes. For example my aunties house. 2 people that lave there had a bug that included alot of v. i refuse to go anuwhere near that house even though it was months ago.

Smile Re: new member

Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Hello!

I have just found this site and realised that there is actually a name for the phobia I have been dealing with since I was 7 years old (now almost 26). I am amazed! I have never met anyone who has suffered from this and always thought there was something wrong with me...now I know that plenty of people suffer from this condition and I'm not crazy!!!

Growing up I was sent to a psychiatrist to figure out why I acted the way I did...he put it down to attention seeking and sent me on my way. So I was made to feel like I actually had control over this and I was only doing it to get my parents attention. I have always been embarassed by the way I act as noone ever seemed to react the same way as me either...it's not easy to hide it when you just want to run in the opposite direction and hide.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and say how pleased I am that I have found this place. It will be nice to talk to other people who understand.
    It also took me forever to find out my fear had a name, and many others struggled with it. Did you know it is one of the more common phobias? Anyway, welcome!

Welcome!