Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi, I am new..

Default Hi, I am new..

My name is Melissa, I am 28yrs old. I have been suffering with Emetophobia since I was a teenager. Now that I have a 4yr old, it has gotten much worse. Once you have a child, you become exposed to v* much more than usual! He is suppose to start kindergarten this August and I am terrified! I have even looked into homeschooling, since it is ONLY kindergarten. I just can't deal with it right now, and I am also 25wks pregnant with my second son. I am really glad I found this forum since I don't feel like anyone around me really understands or cares.

Default Re: Hi, I am new..

welcome to the forum......i'm not a mom so don't have any good advice for you, sorry........but there are lots of moms on here that will surely give you some help.

congrats on the pregnancy i'm one of those emets who could never imagine going through a pregnancy and having to take care of little ones......so i have tons of respect for all you "moms"

again.....welcome to the forum.....hope you find some comfort here
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks! Yes I think the whole kid thing has made it much worse for me.. I hope with some support I can get through the tough times...

I have a 2 year old daughter. She's only really thrown up once (other than many spit-ups from babyhood) and I didn't freak out too bad. I feel totally different about it since she's MY kid. Now, if someone else's kid V*, I'd freak. I think it's probably important to let him go to kindegarten. You'll be able to handle it. Congratulations on your second baby!!

Welcome to the forum

welcome to the site. I have a 5 yr old son and a 3 yr old son...my 3 yr old got the stomach virus for the first time this year, and my 5 yr old had it twice when he was 3...I think in kindergarden they understand more about keeping their hands clean. at least my son understands that we dont put our hands in our mouths etc...it is important for him to go to school. i home schooled part of this year and decided to put him back into preschool bc he missed being with his friends...good luck...it will all work out!

Welcome to the forum I also have loads of respect for emet mums and there are lovely mums on here who will be able to give you advice. We're all here for support! It must be a very big step having children, but remember that even if they get a b*g, it doesn't mean you will necessarily catch it. xxx

Hello, Melissa. I have to say I've been right where you are. You didn't ask for advice so I won't give it to you...but if you want my opinion, ask. I have 3 kids, and all are in public school. I honestly can't say for certain whether or not my phobia has gotten worse since having kids. I think I'd likely be just as phobic, and possibly a shut-in without them.

I'm new, too, but welcome.