Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help...Post Partum queasiness/food aversions

Hi there,

I was one of the lucky ones who had a lot of queasiness and food aversion throughout my entire pregnancy (no v* thank God). Now, I'm 3 months postpartum and still have a lot of queasiness when it comes to food!! I hate this. For a little while, even feeding my baby his formula made me n* but that has improved fortunately (although I still find it unfair that I went through that). I love my baby so much and I can't imagine life without him, but this lingering n* is really affecting how I take care of him. I'm constantly needing to ask for help and avoiding social situations because of the food aversions. Can anyone relate to this? I really hope it gets better, I can still feel the hormones in me and I'm just wondering when it will go away. Oh, and I'm not pregnant again...

Default Re: Please help...Post Partum queasiness/food aversions

i dont have any children, but wanted you to know that i'm sorry for your frustration in this........totally should be the happiest time of your life.

maybe it's your hormones trying to get back to normal??

there are quite a few mothers on here and hopefully they will have some advice for you.

congrats on your son and congrats on getting through a pregnancy
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

congras on your delivery...you are doing formula? no nursing? i would say 4-6 months for your hormones to get back to normal if you are doing formula. If you are nursing expect them to be out of whack until a couple months after you stop nursing. feel beter, I know how hard it is, ive had 2 boys...but try to focus on your little one. do you have any zofran or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ann32 View Post
    congras on your delivery...you are doing formula? no nursing? i would say 4-6 months for your hormones to get back to normal if you are doing formula. If you are nursing expect them to be out of whack until a couple months after you stop nursing. feel beter, I know how hard it is, ive had 2 boys...but try to focus on your little one. do you have any zofran or anything?
    Thank you for your replies... Ann32, No nursing, just formula... I do have Zofran but I don't think the n* is strong enough for that. It's a different kind of queasy, only triggered by certain things. It's just annoying and I never know when it's going to hit. Uggh I hate hormones. But you telling me that it takes about 4-6 months to get back on track gives me hope that at least I won't feel like this forever!

hormones are the worst...mine are so out of whack...things just change when you get older...it annoys me! I hope you have been feeling better.