Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My Story

Hi everyone. I just came upon this site tonight...as I was feeling nauseated and worried that I was going to be sick. I guess you could say I was looking for something online that would tell me I wasnt going to get sick.
    For as long as I can remember I had the fear of not only other people getting sick around me, but myself getting sick. I read a lot of the signs and I do have a lot of them...I would fear riding in cars/airplanes with other people, fearing they would get sick next to me/on me. I constantly fear getting food poisioning, or a stomach flu. I hate having to live my life like this...I've given up certain careers due to this fear...for example I wanted to go into nursing school, but for obvious reasons that never happened, as well as I had to quit dental assisting school due to a patient gagging while I was in the room.
    I also take great comfort in knowing that there ARE other people in the same situation as I.

Hi and welcome to the site. Everyone ere is real supportive and friendly. The daily struggles are the hardest and trying to deal with them is a daily accomplishment. I hope you find comfort in this site and the people on it [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.