Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help UTI

I have a uti right now and am deathly affraid of taking the meds
    Ciprofloxacin one of the side affects is N* and v * has anyone taken this was
    it safe what do I do.. if I dont take it I could end up getting a kidney
    infection but if I do take it I could get n*

Growing up, I was prone to urinary tract infections. I've taken Cipro many a time and never experienced nausea or any side effects. The only thing I did was take it with a light meal. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I've taken Cipro.. I had a UTI last year. I felt fine.. I've never really had any side effects from antibiotics before. Just follow the instructions. If it makes you feel better, I was scared to take Cipro because I don't like taking pills.. the doctor wrote out a prescription for the liquid kind instead. I think she thought I was a moron.

But you'll feel better really soon after you take the antibiotics.. it'll clear up the infection quickly.
    Bee Bop!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've never taken it but know people (nonemet people) who have and not had any side effects. Also if it goes to your kidneys you'll be in real trouble and thatand its effects will be way worse than any "possible" side effect of Cipro. If you're really uncomfortable about it talk to the pharmacist and see what otc antiemetics you can take with it and for the first few days at least, take the antiemetic about a half hr to and hr before the Cipro then just have it on hand "just in case." I'm sure you willb e fine tho, with or without antiemetics. Also if that just seems NOWAY see if your doctor will prescribe you something else. Share your fear and let her/him know what antibiotics you've had before and feel comfortable with and ask if they'd be effective on a UTI. Hope you feel better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by beezus
    Growing up, I was prone to urinary tract infections. I've taken Cipro many a time and never experienced nausea or any side effects. The only thing I did was take it with a light meal. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Exactly the same.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Hey! I get a lot of UTIs too (lupus attacks my poor kidneys!). SimplyMe is totally right - don't wait for it to go to your kidneys. You have a possibly chance of v* from kidney infection too D:
    I've never had any problem with Cipro and was on a very high dose for a while. But it makes you pee a lot to get rid of bacteria, so drink lots and lots of water. You don't want to get n* from being dehydrated either This probably sounds lame, but I have a general rule of 'however much comes out in urine, try to drink that much water!' Haha