Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi,

I'm also new to this. I was reading a post from a mexican guy (2nd July) and he was also new. But what he was talking about is so true of me and my situation. I'm a 20 year old uni student, born and raised in Brisbane, Australia. I've suffered from Emetophobia for as long as I can remember and have always felt so alone and couldnt understand why I had these seemingly 'crazy' thoughts. But just knowing that there are others that suffer this burden with me, who know the extent of my fear - is comforting.

I'm going through another bad bout of my Emetophobia at the moment and I'm trying to manage it as best I can. But I still feel like it gets the better of me. I'll fight it forever though...I dont ever want it to completely ruin me.

Thank goodness for the light this site provides,

S.

Welcome. Glad to see you are being positive and still trying to keep on top of things.

Welcome aboard.

This forum has been helpful to me and I'm sure when you are experiencing bad bouts, it will be helpful to you too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi S.

It's good to know that young people share their experiencies here. What have u done to feel better or to try to overcome emetophobia?? Yes, I understand that sometimes the fear is more persistant.

Have u had problems with what u eat or sth??Because in my case, my parents really worry about it 'cause I'm still "growing" and the fact that I should eat well so I could be healthy. But it's not always easy to tell them that sometimes u don't want to eat more 'cause u re scared. I've talked to them and thee say that they support me, but they doin't ask me never how do I feel or if I have been better or anything.

Hiya hunni,

Welcome to the site. I hope you can find something here to help you out a bit. We are always here to offer any advice and support that we can.
    Remember, now you found us, youre not alone anymore.

(((hugs)))

Ally xxx