Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New User

Hey, all. My name is Crysta and it seems that I am a textbook example of this phobia! It really puts a damper on my relationships. Currently I am in college at the University of South Florida, as is my boyfriend. He likes to go out to parties, but I can never go with him because I am too worried about someone getting sick because they're drinking too much. That's also why I don't drink - terrified of hangovers! Going out in public places causes ridiculous anxiety as I sit there waiting for impending doom! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy most of the time, but he just doesn't understand I guess. Last time I was sick was in 2006, when I contracted an intestinal parasite from my trip to Costa Rica, and before that I hadn't been sick in 13 years. It surprised me to find out how many people share my fears, but it's also pretty comforting to know that I'm not the only person who feels this way.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

OMG- that intestinal parasite story is so scary! Glad you are ok, and welcome to the site!

Welcome! I am new here also. I just joined a few days ago and I'm learning more and more everyday about what I have. It is very comforting to know that I can come here and talk about my fears and concerns and also try my best to help others. I finally don't feel like a freak. Again, welcome. We are all here to help one another [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome to the forum.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

There is plenty of support here. I don't know if you saw this yet, but you'll find that some of the strange behavior is shared by other emets.

http://www.emetophobia.org/strange.aspEdited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.