Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/22...loupe.ap/index .html

Honduran cantaloupes are suspected in a salmonella outbreak in 16 states and Canada. Check the labels or boxes at your grocers. Discard or return any suspect melons.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I posted the article in case you couldn't open the link.
    <H1 _extended="true">FDA suspects cantaloupe, salmonella link</H1>
    <DIV id=cnnerRightCol _extended="true">
    <UL _extended="true">
    <LI class=cnnHiliteer _extended="true">Story Highlights
    <LI _extended="true">Consumers are urged to throw away melons from Honduran manufacturer<BR _extended="true">
    <LI _extended="true">50 people in 16 states have become sick after eating cantaloupe<BR _extended="true">
    <LI _extended="true">FDA recommends checking with grocers about newly bought cantaloupe<BR _extended="true">
    <LI class=cnnNextStory id=cnnNextStoryCSI _extended="true">Next Article in Health »</LI>[/list]</DIV>
    <DIV class=clear _extended="true"></DIV>
    <DIV class=cnnWCBoxFooter _extended="true"></DIV>
    <DIV id=cnnMainC&#111;ntent _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnWCBox _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnWCBoxer _extended="true"></DIV>
    <DIV class=cnnWCBoxC&#111;ntent _extended="true">
    <DIV id=cnnLeftCol _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnMosaicC&#111;ntentCol _extended="true">
    <DIV id=cnnHighLightTrigger _extended="true">
    <DIV class=cnnC&#111;ntentC&#111;ntainer id=cnnTxtCmpnt _extended="true">
    < = =text/ _extended="true">var clickExpire = "04/21/2008";

<DIV id=cnnSCFonts _extended="true">
    <DIV id=cnnSCFontLabel _extended="true"> </DIV>
    <DIV id=cnnSCFontMinusBtn ="setActiveStyleSheet('default'); return false;" _extended="true"> </DIV>
    <DIV id=cnnSCFontPlusBtn ="setActiveStyleSheet('LargeFont'); return false;" _extended="true"> </DIV></DIV>
    <B _extended="true">WASHINGTON (AP)[/B] -- People should throw away cantaloupes from a Honduran manufacturer believed to be linked to a salmonella outbreak, the government said Saturday.
    The Food and Drug Administration issued the alert for the melons from Agropecuaria Montelibano. Grocers are advised to remove from t

Friend me on Facebook

Thanks! I just bought a cantaloupe and watermelon to serve Easter dinner. The cantaloupe says it is from Costa Rica. My state is on the list of people getting sick from it. I think I will throw it away! THANK YOU so much for the heads up!

Thank you so much! We have a cantaloupe and water melon which we bought yesterday. We are also in one of the states affected!!

Ugh. I swear you can't trust any food anymore. Everytime I buy stuff for salads or any fresh fruits and veggies, I think "Is this safe?"
    Edited by: madisonsmom

I wonder about everything I buy too, especially lettuce. I love the mixed, organic green leaf lettuce from Fred Meyer's or Wild Oats, but wash it VERY good before eating it.

Too bad I moved from Arkansas to Washington. AR isn't on the list. WA is.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsmom
    Ugh.* I swear you can't trust any food anymore.* Everytime I buy stuff for salads or any fresh fruits and veggies, I think "Is this safe?"

Me too.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ewww,thank you for the alert.