Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: an introduction

hello all!

my name is jenn and for as long as i can remember i have been scared to death to be sick. i was rarely ever sick as a child. i may have v*3 or 4times my whole life (im 28) i have 2 beautiful girls 5 and 9 and i was very lucky to not have any morning sickness with either pregnancy. im finding this winter very difficult for me with this bad tummy virus thing going around. im contantly reminding my girls to use their "germ" stuff. wash their hands, infact that last thing i say to my daughter before she gets on the bus is to keep her hands clean. i ask my daughter everyday if someone went home sick, or if anyone at school was sick. i even have to remind hubby to keep his hands clean. my kids rarely get sick either....but when they do i panic. when i hear of anyone being sick i panic. did i touch them, have i been near them, have my kids been near them....seems never ending. i never go out to eat for a fear of being poisoned. dont drink, always have hand sanatizer.

a little more than 5 years ago, my hubby's family was here for the holidays, to make a long story short, 4 of them were all sick and had to extend their vacation due to a bad batch of veggies at a resteraunt. it was so horrible. a few years ago i had my sister up here for a visit with her daughter. well the day before my neice was sick, contributed it to bad milk (she was about a year old) as my sister and mother were all fine. well the next day my sister was sick, i called my mom at her house and found out she was sick (and she is NEVER sick). i actually had my sister leave, booked her a hotel, i felt bad, but i couldnt handle that. i was freaking out! lysol on everything bleaching everything, opening all the windows to "freeze" out the bug.

right now i know about 7 people with the "bug" its really freaking me out.

Welcome to the site! I'm glad you found us.

I know it's terrible, isn't it. I pray our lives will all be free from fear some day! I can relate to a lot of the things you said and I know others can too. I don't have kids so I can't yet empathize over that part - but lots of people on here do. And I can imagine how difficult it's going to be, but everyone says it's worth it!

Take care!

Hi Jenn, Welcome to the site. I can TOTALLY relate to everything you have said. You will find everybody here very supportive.

Welcome to the site.

This is tough phobia but it an be beat. You will find lots of great support here!!

Hi Jenn! Welcome to the site, it's great to have you here![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]