Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi. I’m new.

Hi. I've been a lurker for a couple of years, but I've always been too afraid to register. I have had this phobia for as long as i can remember. It really sucks! Anyway, it's almost six a.m. where i am and i can't sleep. I can't sleep because i'm scared that i may be pregnant. I am absolutely terrified at the thought of morning sickness, having sick kids. I'm just plain terrified! I haven't been sick for so many years.(knock on wood!)I'm shaking right now. I just needed to get it off my chest. Thanks for listening. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

P.S.Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong spot. This is my first time posting on a forum of any kind.

Hello and welcome, and congratulations if in fact you are expecting. Children are wonderful gifts. I have three children, and NEVER v* once in any of my pregnancies or deliveries. All women are different, there are wonderful medications safe for pregnancy that will help you in case you do become n*. We are all here for you, keep us posted, and please do not try to worry!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Sarah! Welcome to the site - as a poster, I mean! I can well imagine your fear as I remember "back in the day" that I too was terrified of morning sickness and labour and also of children. However, now I'm looking back as I have 3 adult children, and they are all WONDERFUL and it's the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. I never vomited at all during pregnancy or childbirth, and most emetophobes don't because believe it or not the anxiety gives you the ability to stop it. As veganmom said, there are also great drugs out there now, and doctors and very understanding of phobias and such. Hopefully you have a partner or husband who can help when the kids are sick. Yes, they do get sick. But it's so little compared to all the joy they bring you and the wonderful experience of having children. Of course, it's your body and your choice and you can always terminate the pregnancy if you wish as well.

Do keep posting and keep us in the loop. Try to relax by breathing slowly and deeply...and take life one day and one step at a time.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Sarah,
    Welcome to the forum hun, i am now 37 weeks pregnant with my second child and *touch wood* i did not get morning sickness with either pregnancy, i know its hard when you hear the storys about people getting morning sickness but accordig to my Midwife a huge majority of people dont suffer with it at all, i know its a scary time and can be really really hard but do not let it stop you having children, its one of the best things in the world just watching them growing up and seeing them do the things you have taught them... you can also talk to your midwife and tell her your fears she then may be able to get you sorted out with some anti emetics.
    Just remember if you ever need to talk where all here to help and we understand how your feeling!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all very much for your replies and the warm welcome. I'm just so glad to have people who understand how I'm feeling. I would love to have kids so I'm definitely not gonna let this fear stop me from doing that no matter how scary it seems. I am in a committed relationship. My boyfriend really wants to have a child. I definitely will take a test this weekend if i still do not have my T.O.M.

My sister and I both made it through 2 full term pregnancies with no morning sickness. I did v once with my son, but that was due to a kidney infection. My husband handles v'ing kids.

Good luck with your test.