Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone. I have not posted for a wile. I need help for my wife! My son just V****** in front of her and she is sure that she could have been infected by the aerosol spray even though she was behind him. She is Freeking out. I have never seen her this bad. It is so bad that I had to send my son to my mother in laws in order for her to stop. What do I tell her? How do I Help??????? Please advise me.

ShuboEdited by: shubo

First thing is, she cannot be infected by the aerosol spray. Get your wife a glass of water and take her to sit down, put the TV on to distract her. Everything will be fine. She is just having a major panic and anxiety attack. Your wife is not going to v*! Its a normal emet reaction that she is having. Are you sure your son just didn't eat something that upset his system? the thing about being an emet is sometimes its better sometimes worse, support her, its a real fear and extremely distressng for us emets! My name is Emma if you need me send me a private message.

Is your wife taking meds for anxiety/depression? They can really help I am on Zoloft and Xanax and it works wonders, she can also buy anti-emetics such as bonine or dramamine OTC or she can get her doc to prescribe her something! Make sure she keeps her hands clean, she is going to be fine. You're doing a great job!Edited by: sqil30

I am wondering how your wife finally made out. My 11 month year old son has never been sick (knock on wood) and I'm not sure what I'lldo when ithappens.

-Nicole

hey nicole my 51/2 year old son has neve v* either knock on wood so i have the same worry what will i do when it does happen

lyndsayanne

Hello

Emma and Nichole. Well as you can tell I have been very busy trying to keep things togeather. I suggested to my wife to see about medication but she refuses. She cant swallow pills because she is affraid of choking. My son was sick last Monday, Tuesday, and Friday is the time he V****** infront of her. I really don't know how to help her. She had a panic attack. Since then we have not been allowed to eat in the kitchen because that is where he V******. He spent the next 24 hours at my mother in laws and came back acting normal. What do you all think that he had???

Thank yo for your support.

Shubo

Hey Shubo,

Your wife has emet really bad. I still think she should g see about medication. I know she can't swallow pills, but she can menion it to the doctor. A lot of pills are so small they can be wrapped in a piece of food and she would never know she had taken them. Your son could have eaten something that didn't agree with him, he could have had an s*v*. Des he get excited easily? That can sometimes make children v*. You and your wife are perfectly safe to eat in the kitchen. I wish I could help you more.

Em

Hi Em

Your concern is really helpfull. I hope you know that just having a place to ask questions and know that I am not the only one going through this is a big Help!! My wife is worried because we have 4 boys and it is hard to control all of what they touch and do. She try's to quarenteen the sick one and feels she has failed if another one get's sick. Any way thank you so much for your concern.

Shubo

First of all I just want to say that you are absolutley a wonderful husband for being so concerned about her and WANTING to help. Most of us here are not that lucky.

The best advice I can give is try to keep her mind off of it (which is easier said than done - trust me, I know). If any of your other children haven't been sick by now they probably won't be. Everyone in your house needs to be as clean as possible and wash your hand constantly. Eat in the kitchen, it is alright. As long as where he got sick and the surrounding areas have been cleaned VERY WELL, you have nothing to worry about. I am also on Zoloft and Xanax and it has REALLY helped with my Emet and the pills are really small. She is reacting like a "normal emet" (cliche, isn't it?) so make sure you continue to be there for her cause above all else support is what us emets need! Good luck and let us know how she is doing!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥