Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: school closures

I heard on the news this morning that one of the schools in my area has been closed today due to an outbreak of gastroenteritis. Then my husband told me that he had heard of a second one that was closed for the same reason.
    I know all the info about transmission, but my rationality has gone out the window. I am scared!!

Oh, BTW, I'm in Washington state. Edited by: daffodil

Thats scary...what kind of schools? college? elementray?? I dont think
    you should worry because you dont go to those schools right??
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh i reallly wish i wouldn't have seen this post...i have 2 kids in elementary school and i'm just dreading this everyday...it seems everywhere i go i hear talk about sv's....this virus just seems to be worse and the season is longer this year.....i know there are people on here who disagree with me, but people who get sick from nowadays say they have never been so sick, or never v* so many times...kids are getting sick once a year....it was never like this when i was growing up...anyways Daffodil try not to worry too much...at least you don't have little ones that will bring this virus into your home...you can control it!
    ~Sheri~

Actually, I do have little ones, but they are not in school yet. I am going to be careful where I bring them for a little while, and I have instructed my husband to wash often, especially when he gets home from work, as he is doing some remodeling for a family in the neighborhood that may have a kid at one of the affected schools.
    I know for sure one of the schools was elementary, that's the one that was reported on the news. I'm not sure about the second one.
    I just want to be a hermit from now on! I know I'm being irrational, it's just scary to feel 'surrounded' by it.
    Sheri, I hope your children and your family all stay healthy![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Daffodil~~

I heard about this too! The good thing is, though, is they are keeping al kids out of school today and tomorrow to try to stop the spread of the sv*.

UGH, this time of year SUCKS!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

how come i am from washington and i didnt hear anything about this???? hmm.. oh well

i am not tooo overly concerned since this too happened close to me during the end of spring this year with the narovirus outbreaks in vancouver, WA only bout 1 or so from me.

I always wanted to be a school teacher for art but the illness this time of year (and the pay) lol.. where what stopped me from doing that.

I am sure you will all be ok.. keep good hygeine up!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kristin1980

I always wanted to be a school teacher for art but the illness this time of year (and the pay) lol.. where what stopped me from doing that.

Don't let that stop you. I have been teaching for 5 years and I haven't caught anything, even when 100 of our students were out with sv* with vertigo!

Yep! I'm an elementary schoolmusic teacher and I second what Happy Teacher said! It is so worth it!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."